By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Swedish retailer claims their Nintendo Switch pre-orders have surpassed the PS4.

Pretty nice, even though the Swedish market isn't that large

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Tmfwang said:
That's because Swedish people might lack a chromosome. I should know this, I'm Norwegian.

Being one short when it comes to chromosomes gives you diseases, not better taste.

Great new for Nintendo. It seems like launch will be good. What happens after it will be a worth to watch battle against the Wii U shadow.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

UK does love Nintendo handhelds, 3DS and 2DS do very well. UK does not have a good history with Nintendo home consoles or Nintendo products that go over £200.

There has been some price drops on Switch games and accessories before launch in the UK and it did look like a large number of pre-orders had been cancelled.

But again I think most of us expect the Switch to do very well at launch overall its just what happens after launch. Wii u did great business at the beginning and then it dropped quickly to a very low number of sales, it just couldn't find a wider audience for the product. I think many of us are expecting that to happen again.

I'm a bit surprised actually, Nintendo haven't been big in Sweden since the Wii days; haven't seen a lot of 3DS' this whole time, so it's kinda weird that a hybrid would be such a (potential) success.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Tmfwang said:
That's because Swedish people might lack a chromosome. I should know this, I'm Norwegian.

Oh, go back to your tallefjantar ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Darwinianevolution said:
That Little Mac with a joycon.

That's the second thing in this article to make me smile =p

Tmfwang said:

Haha, kjenner flere nordmenn som later til å ha færre kromosomer også...

OT: Playstation isn't really a hit item for pre-orders in Scandinavia, they're more long term sellers. Regardless of Sweden's relatively small market size though, it seems like the Switch will have a great launch. First weeks should be really good, but let's see how it fares during the slow summer months and a spring without much software to push it.

Like many have already said though; Sweden is not really a Nintendo market, PS is big and even Xbox is much bigger than Nintendo on home consoles, especially among teens.

Hm, might be time to pre-order one then.

irstupid said:
bigtakilla said:

Okay. Nintendo should have had more ready, gotcha.

Nintendo had more ready that Sony, since as topic is titled "More Switch pre-orders than PS4"

The Fury said:

You know Zelda can swing sales right? If this launched without it, I doubt it'll do as well. It's good it's doing well, but I just don't think it would do as well.

You don't say?

You should inform other companies of this major insight you have. A major game makes people want your system.

There isn't more preorders than ps4 in the UK.