By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Swedish retailer claims their Nintendo Switch pre-orders have surpassed the PS4.

wombat123 said:
Isn't it mostly in the UK where people are indifferent towards Nintendo consoles?

bigtakilla said:
I'd be far more surprised if that said UK, or North America. I mean, how many preorders is it?

Can't pre-order Switch at any of the usual UK stores anymore. GAME, shopto, Amazon, gameseek are all sold out of initial allocation. GAME is allowing pre-orders for their next shipment.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Of course we have to take it with a grain of salt because it's 1 retailer in one little country.

But... Sweden is a Playstation country where Nintendo is even less relevant than Xbox.

So to already have more preorders than the PS4 in one retailer in Sweden is still somehow positive.

Pyro as Bill said:
wombat123 said:
Isn't it mostly in the UK where people are indifferent towards Nintendo consoles?

bigtakilla said:
I'd be far more surprised if that said UK, or North America. I mean, how many preorders is it?

Can't pre-order Switch at any of the usual UK stores anymore. GAME, shopto, Amazon, gameseek are all sold out of initial allocation. GAME is allowing pre-orders for their next shipment.

Okay. Nintendo should have had more ready, gotcha.

bigtakilla said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Okay. Nintendo should have had more ready, gotcha.

Nintendo had more ready that Sony, since as topic is titled "More Switch pre-orders than PS4"

The Fury said:

You know Zelda can swing sales right? If this launched without it, I doubt it'll do as well. It's good it's doing well, but I just don't think it would do as well.

You don't say?

You should inform other companies of this major insight you have. A major game makes people want your system.

Can someone provide a actual tranlation of what is being said on that post?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network

Well, I mean the Switch has sold out in all retailers here too. I think many are underestimating the concept of taking console gaming truly on the go and how much people were wanting this. Longevity, that I'm skeptical on, but at launch, everyone's gonna be all over the Switch.

Launch pre-orders mean pretty much nothing.

That's nice.

I would argue that webhallen is the place where most swedes go for TV-games and tech.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

justiceiro said:
Can someone provide a actual tranlation of what is being said on that post?

He says that the Switch preorders surpasses the PS4's. That the preorders are sold out. And they rekommend people to stand in line if they want one at launch

I am a Nintendo fanatic.