By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo trying to find a balance with the Switch

I don't think there will be a Switch 2. This is likely the last console that Nintendo ever makes.

Around the Network

I think the Switch has a more balanced set of features and with interesting tech. The joy cons are optional to use as controllers as they ultimately can be used in a variety of ways. Together as a controller connected with the Grip, with the joy cons separately or with only one Joy Con horizontally. Or you can utilize the Pro Controller if you want. Basically, you can play two-player with one set of Joy Cons if you want or play with the Joy Cons with the grip along with a Pro Controller. Not to mention just playing the Switch like its a Vita or 3DS with the Joy Cons attached to the tablet. Its not like Nintendo is forcing stuff like motion controls (Arms and Splatoon 2 have them as options). I personally think its exciting that these things are so versatile. Of course the costs are there due to the HD rumble, the NFC reader, the motion controls, etc., but this can allow developers to utilize the tech the way they want it.

VAMatt said:
I don't think there will be a Switch 2. This is likely the last console that Nintendo ever makes.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

The dual screen aspect was well worth it for me. It was not at all useless. Anyone who says that hasn't really played it or its just not for them if they have. And anyone who says this will be the last Nintendo console is just kidding themselves

Eagle367 said:
The dual screen aspect was well worth it for me. It was not at all useless. Anyone who says that hasn't really played it or its just not for them if they have. And anyone who says this will be the last Nintendo console is just kidding themselves

I play on the Wii U almost every day. And I still think dual screen gameplay is freaking useless. Playing with two screens is just a needless distraction. Going back and forth from one screen to an other, instead of simply pressing a button to bring up what's on the second screen, achieves the same thing, only for one setup you don't have to look away from the main screen.  So really, yeah, that was useless. And for the few games that required both screens, like Starfox... It was simply cumbersome.

The best feature of the Wii U is the off TV stuff. And that's what the Switch took and improved on.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Eagle367 said:

I play on the Wii U almost every day. And I still think dual screen gameplay is freaking useless. Playing with two screens is just a needless distraction. Going back and forth from one screen to an other, instead of simply pressing a button to bring up what's on the second screen, achieves the same thing, only for one setup you don't have to look away from the main screen.  So really, yeah, that was useless. And for the few games that required both screens, like Starfox... It was simply cumbersome.

The best feature of the Wii U is the off TV stuff. And that's what the Switch took and improved on.

So it was not for you but that does not mean its not for a lot of other people. Having it as an option would be great as I and I think others would love to have it again

Hynad said:
Eagle367 said:

No its damn not. No two screen gameplay only a single screen experience

Dual screens gameplay is freaking useless.

Depends. It works on the 3ds because you have both screens in vision. Where as on the WII U you have to look up and down and this is annoying.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Eagle367 said:
Hynad said:

So it was not for you but that does not mean its not for a lot of other people. Having it as an option would be great as I and I think others would love to have it again

to be fair, you cant say its just not for him, as the majority of the market also rejected it by the number of consoles sales. If anything you are in the minority here. Like the previous comment said, it worked on ds/3ds cuz both screens where on view at all times.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Eagle367 said:

to be fair, you cant say its just not for him, as the majority of the market also rejected it by the number of consoles sales. If anything you are in the minority here. Like the previous comment said, it worked on ds/3ds cuz both screens where on view at all times.

Its certainly not a small market that likes it. But to someone who never even tried it I say try it before dissing it. Its a better concept when actually tried then it sounds on paper

Eagle367 said:
eva01beserk said:

Its certainly not a small market that likes it. But to someone who never even tried it I say try it before dissing it. Its a better concept when actually tried then it sounds on paper

Yeah. You should try it first and diss it then. 

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.