By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch preorders go live in Japan - and are gone in minutes

SuperNova said:
Jranation said:
Oh wow! I thought the Price would bother them as well!

Isn't the price more along the lines os 250$ in japan? I don't think that's as prohibitive at launch.

Launch price: JPY 29980
USDJPY: 114.60

Thus, Swithc launch price in Japan is ~$260.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
vivster said:

To be fair, this really does mean nothing. With such a low supply it's natural to sell out fast. Nintendo should've waited with the release for a few months. Nobody should be praising sold out stock. We should be condemning Nintendo's shitty management which will cause many gamers to not get one at launch. That is entirely on Nintendo.

What low supply? The PS4 sold 2.1 million units in its first month. Nintendo has an initial shipment of 2 million, with an additional 1 million units in reserve. 

No it didn't, it sold it in much less time.

PS4 sold 2.1 Million Units with:

15 Days in USA

2 Days in EU

0 Days in JPN

That's very different to a global launch, with 2 million for 27 days in all regions.

2 Million for a global launch month is not good.

switch will make japan great again

Barkley said:
Alkibiádēs said:

What low supply? The PS4 sold 2.1 million units in its first month. Nintendo has an initial shipment of 2 million, with an additional 1 million units in reserve. 

No it didn't, it sold it in much less time.

PS4 sold 2.1 Million Units with:

15 Days in USA

2 Days in EU

0 Days in JPN

That's very different to a global launch, with 2 million for 27 days in all regions.

2 Million for a global launch month is not good.

Where are you getting 2m for 27 days from? Initial shipment doesn't mean that's all for the month.

Wyrdness said:

Where are you getting 2m for 27 days from? Initial shipment doesn't mean that's all for the month.

"That system is expected to ship 2 million units before the fiscal year ends in March, Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima said in remarks accompanying the earnings"

That's from October, I have been out of the loop the last couple of weeks incase something else came to light however, but Nintendo forecasted 2 Million Switches shipped before the end of March.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Wyrdness said:

"That system is expected to ship 2 million units before the fiscal year ends in March, Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima said in remarks accompanying the earnings"

That's from October, I have been out of the loop the last couple of weeks incase something else came to light however, but Nintendo forecasted 2 Million Switches shipped before the end of March.

Forecast doesn't equal the amount they're going to ship it's a prediction they give to investors, if they sell out day one another shipment will be sent that week and they can then tell their investors they sold more than expected, they gave a low amount to begin with to not inflate investor expectations.

Wyrdness said:
Barkley said:

Forecast doesn't equal the amount they're going to ship it's a prediction they give to investors, if they sell out day one another shipment will be sent that week and they can then tell their investors they sold more than expected, they gave a low amount to begin with to not inflate investor expectations.

You need to produce it first. If they planned 2 millions sales, they won't be able to sell 4 millions. Maybe 3M if they planned some additionnal stocks...

Super_Boom said:

Eh? But my cousin told me all the Japanese forums are filled with hate and the country is unanimously mocking it. Are they buying it just to point their fingers and laugh?

On a more serious note, curious how sales will level out after launch. I'm expecting a drop due to the high price of entry, but an influx in sales once Monster Hunter, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing start coming out. Just curious how big that influx will be though.

Shouldnt bé so quick to judge sir ;) http://i.4cdn.org/v/1484965306729.jpg

Rendez vous un 4-5 months After thé expected succesful launch just as WiiU before you can see thé real sales .

That will bé à thread to bump

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Rocketjay8 said:
Nautilus said:

There is no such thing as an audience dedicated to a console?Really?How long have you been on forums?

Outside of that blatant mistake, you are wrong about other things.First that when MH was on consoles(especially PS consoles), it never sold as good as the 3DS titles.So no "audience moved from sony to nintendo, if there was none to begin with.And while yes, the PSP versions did sell very well(at least portable 3rd did), it did so well because why?Because it was a portable.And why is that?Because the japanese audience prefers that kind of product.And please, citing the japanese forums as an argument, not to mention the part that I should be questioning if you saw that for yourself(and if you speak japanese by an extent), or just saw a screenshot of a single japanese forum that were just more pessimistic about it.But anyways...

Other problem is that you are thinking that the 3DS will canabilize the Switch sales.No it wont.At least not wont be that significant.The 3DS version and the PS4/Switch version will be very distinct.And the argument that DQ Heroes already brought the audience to the PS4 is nonsense,simply because they are spin-offs.I mean, just compare these spin-off sales compared to mainline ones, or even the remakes.Should give you a good idea that they didnt convince that many people to jump in.Not to mention that the Switch will also have the games(and they come together, no less).

So the idea that the game wont push consoles for a long while(and by that extent, I think you are implying that it will push PS4 consoles) is simply ridiculous.Im not saying the game wont sell well on the PS4, Im just saying that it has the chance to sell better than it.I mean, there is a reason this game was one of the first to be announced for the Switch....

Hyrule Warriors Legends is ass on the 3ds. So why would Fire Emblem Warriors be bought on the 3ds over switch? 

Kind of out of the subject, but I think that is simple:Install base.And this is a second party game, being developed by Koei.Probably Koei wanted an assurance that their game sold a decent number of copies, and thus they made the 3DS version.But its all especulation.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I cannot wait for Famitsu and NPD LOL.