By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch preorders go live in Japan - and are gone in minutes

Alkibiádēs said:
vivster said:

To be fair, this really does mean nothing. With such a low supply it's natural to sell out fast. Nintendo should've waited with the release for a few months. Nobody should be praising sold out stock. We should be condemning Nintendo's shitty management which will cause many gamers to not get one at launch. That is entirely on Nintendo.

What low supply? The PS4 sold 2.1 million units in its first month. Nintendo has an initial shipment of 2 million, with an additional 1 million units in reserve. 

And PS4 was also sold out very quickly. Nintendo being as shitty as Sony doesn't really change anything.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
KLXVER said:
lol The downplaying in this thread is funny.

To be fair, this really does mean nothing. With such a low supply it's natural to sell out fast. Nintendo should've waited with the release for a few months. Nobody should be praising sold out stock. We should be condemning Nintendo's shitty management which will cause many gamers to not get one at launch. That is entirely on Nintendo.

The heck are you on about? The Switch's launch supply is in line or exceeding what the PS4 and XBO had ready for their respective launch.

Hynad said:
vivster said:

The heck are you on about? The Switch's launch supply is in line or exceeding what the PS4 and XBO had ready for their respective launch.

See my post abvove.

The point is that sold out stock at launch means nothing. PS4 for example was hardly available even months after release. Let's see how the Switch fares before we're making wild claims of a runawayy success.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Alkibiádēs said:
vivster said:

What low supply? The PS4 sold 2.1 million units in its first month. Nintendo has an initial shipment of 2 million, with an additional 1 million units in reserve. 

I'm almost sure it was more than that, but I didn't  look it up 

vivster said:
Hynad said:

See my post abvove.

The point is that sold out stock at launch means nothing. PS4 for example was hardly available even months after release. Let's see how the Switch fares before we're making wild claims of a runawayy success.

I agree that we need to wait a few months before stating that. But there are both people praising the Switch for selling this "well", and those downplaying it no matter what. In both cases, people should wait until the Switch has had more time on the market before concluding anything.

Around the Network

Any actual numbers?

KLAMarine said:
Any actual numbers?

nope, just imaginary numbers

It's super popular on Amazon, it made FFXV drop from like 20 to 85 on the chart lol

Jranation said:
Oh wow! I thought the Price would bother them as well!

Isn't the price more along the lines os 250$ in japan? I don't think that's as prohibitive at launch.

Not surprised, Japan will be its number one market and the global shipments aren't very big so supply is quite limited.