By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the one game that would make you buy the Switch?

What would make you buy the switch?

Super Mario 6 5.94%

Zelda 35 34.65%

Pokemon 16 15.84%

Animal Crossing 1 0.99%

Fire Emblem 2 1.98%

Xenoblade 8 7.92%

Metroid 14 13.86%

Monster Hunter 6 5.94%

There is no game that could get me to buy it 7 6.93%

Other (Please State Below) 6 5.94%

Total:101

TimeSplitters 4!!!!

Around the Network

Mother 4

RolStoppable said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

What's so funny? NES, SNES, Wii, GB, DS and 3DS all made it to six years.

Barkley said:

I currently don't think the Switch will be especially successful (<50 Million LTD is my guess) though that could certainly change.

I am however interested to know if you think Nintendo will launch any hardware over those Six years at all. Not a direct successor as you state but possibly a dedicated home console/handheld? Though I think either would be a mistake alongside Switch.

I just find it hard to imagine that the Switch functioning as Nintendo's only Home Entertainment System could still be their latest offering in 2023, considering it's specs.

I don't expect anything other than a Switch revision, although I am not sure how that would look like. If the system got smaller, it would need new Joy-cons too.

I don't think specs will matter. The developers Nintendo targeted can all live with these specs for many years. The only developers who insist on better specs are those who work on AAA games and they were deliberatly excluded because their wishes are not compatible with what Switch was supposed to be.

The main problem for switch is convincing people to buy switch when they could easily target as third party as the handheld business is dying while mobile gaming is growing.

They don't have a problem with that but they are solving their home console problem by introducing new problems.

At this point... Nintendo is probably better off as an accessory manufacturer than a console one. They can just sell off those joycons by being add-ons to mobile phones you own but hey let's sell a wii u-tablet again. Sigh.

Green098 said:

What is the main series game franchise that would get you to buy the Nintendo Switch.

I would have said Zelda, but Ill be getting it for WiiU. So I voted for metroid, but when the right price comes.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Melee VC with online support.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Xenoblade 2

"Zelda" and "Mario" already have me sold... Obviously, "Metroid" needs to happen or I will just give up on Nintendo. "Prime 4" was my one and only dream game for the Wii U and they failed me miserably ("Federation Force" was salt in the wound).

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Half life 3

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

xenoblade!!!!!!

No one game can make me buy the Switch or any console for that matter

But Rune Factory 5 will make me want it a lot more :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread