By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Some games I want on Switch

Barozi said:
barneystinson69 said:

I'll bet $5 not a single one of these games will appear for the console.

Capcom puts Resident Evil 4 on basically everything though.

It will come, even if it's just as a VC Wii title. The joycons do function as wiimotes.

By the way, do we know how feasible is Wii VC with the Switch? I doubt they left motion controlls on the joycons and don't plan on Wii VC games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
spemanig said:
Doom, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Overwatch. The Switch needs FPS games.

They should pull a Bayonetta 2 and get TimeSplitters 4.

That's probably the only way we would ever get TS4.. :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
VGPolyglot said:

They should pull a Bayonetta 2 and get TimeSplitters 4.

That's probably the only way we would ever get TS4.. :/

I want it so badly, but I'm scared that even if we do get it that it will be disappointing compared to the first three.

Dark Souls Series on the go, long business trips would be much more bearable.

I'd like a Valkyria Chronicles port, myself.

Twitter: @d21lewis

Around the Network
Barozi said:
barneystinson69 said:

I'll bet $5 not a single one of these games will appear for the console.

Capcom puts Resident Evil 4 on basically everything though.

I'll give you that, and maybe tekken.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

fleischr said:

Final Fantasy XV and VII:R

Inb4 - "the switch is to weak to run FFXV and FFVIIR!" I don't care about that. What I really want is the return of mainline FF games to Nintendo consoles - even if downgraded. FF on Nintendo feels right and long overdue. And if it's possible, I want to see it happen. Think of playing FFXV while on a roadtrip! And by the way Switch having proper full UE4 support, it should be possible. And If we get VII:R on Switch, it'll feel like a true homecoming for the series.

When people say too weak, they generally mean too weak even when downgraded. No one assumed that any PS4 game on Switch won't be downgraded anyway. But there's only so far you can downgrade a game before it fails to pass the acceptable standards the game is expected to meet. How many characters can appear on screen, draw distance, textures, effects, framerate, etc.
At this point my expectations for those games appearing on Switch are very low.

I could see Overwatch happening though, and that would be on my list for most wanted games for the system as it's a very popular FPS. Resident Evil 4 will probably appear as well. Capcom puts that out on every possible system.

Some other games I'd like to see on Switch: Yakuza 0, Persona 5, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, Nier Automata, a Bravely Default game, Phoenix Wright, Kingdom Hearts, Tekken 7 and Resident Evil 7.

Hiku said:
fleischr said:

Final Fantasy XV and VII:R

When people say too weak, they generally mean too weak even when downgraded. No one assumed that any PS4 game on Switch won't be downgraded anyway. But there's only so far you can downgrade a game before it fails to pass the acceptable standards the game is expected to meet. How many characters can appear on screen, draw distance, textures, effects, framerate, etc.

I can see Overwatch happening though, and that would be on my list for most wanted games for the system as it's a very popular FPS. Resident Evil 4 will probably appear as well. Capcom puts that out on every possible system.

FF15 and 7:R on a hit portable console in Japan would no doubt be alluring to Square - which is why I don't write it off.

If they downgrade the textures, draw distance, and other assets in the realm of the same production value as Zelda, Xenoblade X or 2 - I think that's still a great port imo.

Square is already porting DQ11 in much the same way. Which is puzzling as FF port like this maybe would make more money.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
Hiku said:

I can see Overwatch happening though, and that would be on my list for most wanted games for the system as it's a very popular FPS. Resident Evil 4 will probably appear as well. Capcom puts that out on every possible system.

FF15 and 7:R on a hit portable console in Japan would no doubt be alluring to Square - which is why I don't write it off.

If they downgrade the textures, draw distance, and other assets in the realm of the same production value as Zelda, Xenoblade X or 2 - I think that's still a great port imo.

Square is already porting DQ11 in much the same way. Which is puzzling as FF port like this maybe would make more money.

DQ11 is seemingly a much less demanding game than the two FF games, with simpler texctures and animations not uncommonly seen in Nintendo's own games. DQ11 was also designed with Switch in mind from an early stage, if not from the very beginning, while that wasn't the case for FFXV. And one look at VII would tell you that it's aiming for very high graphical fidelity in the especially detailed industrial environment of Midgar.
When you make a game for multiple consoles, you ideally build them around the weakest common denominator. But when the game only had stronger piece of hardware in mind, it can be more difficult (depending on how it was designed) and costly to make changes after the fact, while retaining what they consider an acceptable standard of the original game. After all, their game will be reviewed for the new system, and could attract negative press if they don't deliver a solid experience. The WiiU version of Yooka-lyelee for example was canceled because the devs had issues with maintaing the framerate, and that is a game that was designed with the weakest common denominator in mind from the start. Of course they don't have the resources of Square Enix so I won't make a direct comparison there.
If there was a magical button that could transform FFXV and VII into proper switch ports, I've no doubt that Square would find that interesting. I just doubt that it's something they're considering due to how those games developed.

I wouldn't mind a NHL game of some sorts.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?