By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People complaining about Bombermans price...

Why?

Games are more expensive to make now than ever before.  Bomberman games have released for more in the past!  It's kind of getting ridiculous everyone moaning about the games price, developers are going out of business and its because they aren't making enough money! Yeah sure I know it's Konami but still. 

In general we are actually paying too little for video games. For example 20 years ago i paid $120 NZD for FFIX at launch,  today I paid $79 NZD for FFXV at launch.... I don't know what $120 NZD is worth today but im going to guess around $180. I'm not saying we should be paying prices like that but games cost 3 times the price to make today and the prices at retail haven't gone up enough to make up for those costs. So quit complaining and buy the damn game xD

Around the Network

I know people are expecting more and more for less and less now a days. The cost to develop games is now crazy, It means companies can be too afraid to take risks and one slip can put them out of business completely.

Isnt it too small and formulaic a game to cost what its gonna costs? I honestly can see this game available only in the online store for 20 bucks and it'd be... appropiate.

Because Bomberman is a lot closer to an indie game than an AAA game in production values?

Remember that people complained about The Witness being something like $40, so cheaper with more apparent production values

Green098 said:
I know people are expecting more and more for less and less now a days. 

This is a major problem in our society.

Around the Network
think-man said:

Why?

Games are more expensive to make now than ever before.  Bomberman games have released for more in the past!  It's kind of getting ridiculous everyone moaning about the games price, developers are going out of business and its because they aren't making enough money! Yeah sure I know it's Konami but still. 

In general we are actually paying too little for video games. For example 20 years ago i paid $120 NZD for FFIX at launch,  today I paid $79 NZD for FFXV at launch.... I don't know what $120 NZD is worth today but im going to guess around $180. I'm not saying we should be paying prices like that but games cost 3 times the price to make today and the prices at retail haven't gone up enough to make up for those costs. So quit complaining and buy the damn game xD

The differnce is FFXV probably cost millions and millions to make, and years and years to do.

Bomberman doesnt look like it cost that much to make, and probably only took them 6months to do, with a small team.

Its not a title that should be 60$/60£ imo, thats the differnce.

Small Arcade style games typically sell for lower amounts, on other systems.

We don't owe these companies a profit we look at their product and pricing and decide whether to buy it. I suspect for this product very few will buy it and it may be the cartridge will only be produced in low numbers with that in mind.

If I can get a equal gaming fix for less elsewhere it makes sense to do so.

On top of that though the high pricing and obviously low technical performance of this title is probably quite damaging to Switch as a format. It looks extremely poor value and that isn't going to do Nintendo any favours.

Compare Bomberman to BOTW and tell me they should be pretty much the same price. I know this hobby is expensive, but lets not be ok with everything.

Because Bomberman last gen was only $9.99.

bonzobanana said:
We don't owe these companies a profit we look at their product and pricing and decide whether to buy it.
If I can get a equal gaming fix for less elsewhere it makes sense to do so

KLXVER said:
Compare Bomberman to BOTW and tell me they should be pretty much the same price. I know this hobby is expensive, but lets not be ok with everything.

V-r0cK said:
Because Bomberman last gen was only $9.99.

^ these guys, Nailed it.

The question is why you made a thread defending the games price instead.

And I cant believe you used FFXV as a compairison to a cheap small arcade game, to make your point.