By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People complaining about Bombermans price...

I think because when people pay $60, they expect graphics.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
think-man said:

today I paid $79 NZD for FFXV at launch.... 

I am so sorry. 

xD youuuu!  Get outta here and stop taunting me hahaha 😂😂

KLAMarine said:

You have a point,  when i think of a price i solely think of how much fun it will be.  I've payed 60 for God of War and gotten 7-8 hours of fun,  I payed 10 for OverCooked and got 50 hours of fun xD 

think-man said:
KLAMarine said:

You have a point,  when i think of a price i solely think of how much fun it will be.  I've payed 60 for God of War and gotten 7-8 hours of fun,  I payed 10 for OverCooked and got 50 hours of fun xD 

Indeed but people are very visually-oriented. If this Bomberman game is $60, it needs to provide dozens and dozens of hours of content. We shall see come release.

KLAMarine said:

Its about a corrolation between amount of work that shows in game vs costs.

If something looks like it was made by a small team, and took very little time to make (a arcade style game)... then they feel it shouldnt be as expensive, as something that took like 10 years with a team of 300 people.

Those big AAA games justify their 60$ price tag typically by haveing state of the art graphics, and gameplay and story, and length, ect ect.

Basically its just greedy to price bomberman at that price.

Around the Network

I'm totally fine paying 60$ for a big triple a game where you can see that there really was a lot of people working on it.

But for these kind of games come on 29.99 even that is too much imo.

It is a normally priced game in US, however, I believe the issue comes in that its priced higher than normal games in other regions. Is that correct?

I don't have an issue with it being a $60 game (normal). I think it has a lot of content from what I saw.

I'm buying this and ZeldaBotW day one.

JRPGfan said:
KLAMarine said:

Its about a corrolation between amount of work that shows in game vs costs.

If something looks like it was made by a small team, and took very little time to make (a arcade style game)... then they feel it shouldnt be as expensive, as something that took like 10 years with a team of 300 people.

Those big AAA games justify their 60$ price tag typically by haveing state of the art graphics, and gameplay and story, and length, ect ect.

Basically its just greedy to price bomberman at that price.

A game that takes 10 years to make is just a poorly managed game. If you really want to justify a game in development for that long you should buy 4 copies cause 60 dollars wont cut it. 

If you want to complain, then complain about this.
https://www.amazon.com/Puyo-Tetris-Switch/dp/B01MT8L7BX/ref=sr_1_51?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1484858485&sr=1-51&keywords=nintendo%2Bswitch&th=1

PS4 version = $30
Switch version = $40

Why is switch version $10 more? Same launch dates and content (afaik).

superchunk said:
If you want to complain, then complain about this.
https://www.amazon.com/Puyo-Tetris-Switch/dp/B01MT8L7BX/ref=sr_1_51?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1484858485&sr=1-51&keywords=nintendo%2Bswitch&th=1

PS4 version = $30
Switch version = $40

Why is switch version $10 more? Same launch dates and content (afaik).

Because nintendo is passing on the cost of the cartridge onto them?