By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - (Rumor) December 2016 PS4/X1 NPD Estimates

http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-playstation-neck-and-neck-npd-dec-2016

XB1: 1.511K
Ps4: 1.568K

238k of the PS4 number is PS4 Pro units. 

It's neck and neck, this is what I was saying in the NPD thread and was getting heat for saying. 

Like them or not, MS has made the race dramatically more competetive and is holding extremely tough against a Playstation 4 with multiple new models. 

Around the Network

Wow, close much?

anybody know what that puts them at for the year?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

is it true?

RolStoppable said:
You were getting heat for saying that Microsoft is closing the gap when they really only reduced the amount of units they get beaten by. The gap is still growing, just at a slower rate than last holiday.

I meant the gap with which Sony was outselling them on a monthly basis. It's now a virtual dead heat, and was also for November the same thing. 

MS deserves props for that, they have rebounded extremely strongly in the US since launching the XBox One S. 

XBox brand is stronger in the US than a lot of people think. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
RolStoppable said:
You were getting heat for saying that Microsoft is closing the gap when they really only reduced the amount of units they get beaten by. The gap is still growing, just at a slower rate than last holiday.

I meant the gap with which Sony was outselling them on a monthly basis. It's now a virtual dead heat, and was also for November the same thing. 

MS deserves props for that, they have rebounded extremely strongly in the US since launching the XBox One S. 

Well, MS did spend $12.4 million more than Sony in advertising for December and offered more aggressive deals along with the $225 Minecraft bundle.

Aura7541 said:
Soundwave said:

Well, MS did spend $12.4 million more than Sony in advertising for December and offered more aggressive deals along with the $225 Minecraft bundle.

That's called competing. Sony also had two new models available for this holiday and a $250 system with the new Uncharted 4 this holiday. 

RolStoppable said:

Who won last holiday? I though MS was all over BF and Christmas, like they usually are with their end-of-year price cuts.

Not bad at all for Microsoft, hope they give 2017 there all and that Xbox continues to be a profitable platform for them.

Soundwave said:
Aura7541 said:

That's called competing. Sony also had two new models available for this holiday and a $250 system with the new Uncharted 4 this holiday. 

By competing, you mean spending more money for a slightly worse commercial performance. And I don't consider a, by December, 7 month old game to be "new".