By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - (Rumor) December 2016 PS4/X1 NPD Estimates

Bandorr said:
fleischr said:
And the PS4 Slim was a good bit cheaper than Xbox One S - often by about $50.

Where?

From dec 11- dec 24, Sony temporarily dropped MSRP to $250

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
fleischr said:
Bandorr said:

Where?

Microsoft also temporarily dropped the price to the same amount.

Where is Aqua ?

Bandorr said:

Sure I remember those price drops. I don't remember a long period of time one was $50 higher than another. Aside from one being sold out and third-party taking over.

There was a window of about a week Best Buy did an extra $50 gift card too on top of the $250 price 

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
Bandorr said:

Sure I remember those price drops. I don't remember a long period of time one was $50 higher than another. Aside from one being sold out and third-party taking over.

There was a window of about a week Best Buy did an extra $50 gift card too on top of the $250 price 

I think the issue with your statement was that the Ps4 was a good bit cheaper and then "often" being after that.....which was a false statement.

And did BB really have that? Dang it I must have missed it. I would have used that deal when I got my son his PS4.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Oh wow! Another close one. What big games in december got released?

For Dec NPD FFXV, DR4, TLG.

PotentHerbs said:
How reliable is the source?

Last month they were backed up by 2 or 3 gafers that have been leaked stuff before,

Aura7541 said:
fleischr said:

Microsoft also temporarily dropped the price to the same amount.

Tbf Sony extended the price cute for an extra week and their price cut started 2 or 3 days before MS did.

OP- Close numbers XB is looking strong with a healthu YOY growth this month. Also Sony stilled killed it with 1.5m.

If these numbers are accurate then that's a pretty solid ratio for the Pro, given how narrows its current target audience is.

I doubt they will, but it'd be nice if Sony and MS can give us specific Pro and Scorpio numbers every so often. It'll be interesting to see how their sales curve out. They'll be fighting against the gradual end of the 8th generation, but should simultaneously see their target audience grow at the same time. Would make for some interesting discussion.

Trunkin said:

So they're both down YoY, despite the new hardware. I wonder if this means this gen has peaked. This Holiday will be the big test.

No, I don't think this gen has paked yet. The software just wasnt there. Or at least not as much as it was in 2015. 2016 stands to be a lot better. I don't know about the XB1, but even it will still benefit from games like RDR2 or GTA6.

But the PS4, still is yet to release some of its biggest IPs for this gen. The last of Us 2,GoW and Gran Turismo. 

All that aside, I feel this year will be the peak year for the PS4/XB1. Cause I see them hitting a $199 price point and still probably come with a game r two around the holiday season.

If these numbers are true, they would be far better than alst holiday. Very solid month indeed.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

good job by ms. I wonder if halo wars 2 vs horizon/kingdom hearts will have any impact in first few months