By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would Nintendo put Pokemon on Switch ?

Put the remakes of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl or the third version of the 7th gen  on Switch and it will sells 2 millions at best.

Put them on 3DS and it will sell 10+ millions easily.

That's why Black and White 2 released on DS and not 3DS even after 3DS launch. I don't see Nintendo risking to slice its game sales by 5 until the Switch is well established.

That's why I never believed the Star rumor. It makes no sense financially for Nintendo and Gamefreak to lose money. People love pokemon but won't buy a 330 euros devices juste for it alone.

Around the Network

I think your underestimating how far the Pokémon fan base will go to play a new Pokémon game, especially the first ever main series Pokemon game that's in HD.

I think your underestimating how far I'd go to play a new Pokémon game, especially the first ever one that's in HD.

Ka-pi96 said:

I think if it was up to Nintendo then Sun/Moon would have been Switch launch titles.

So assuming GameFreak are the ones who choose which platform they develop for (makes sense seeing as how they`re an independent company) I think it`s quite likely actually. But as a port of a game rather than a game made specifically for the Switch. They`ll surely have seen how many extra sales games like GTAV got from being ported to the next console as well so it would be kind of surprising if they didn`t try to attempt the same.

Masuda has spoken on the subject. Switch is the future of gaming and all, but they need to wait the release of the console and and see how it is received.

I wouldn't exclude a Switch port/version, but putting it as a Switch exclusive would be shooting themselves in the foot. Gamefreak employees probably don't want to lose their sales bonus to increase the Switch popularity.

I don't think its a matter of 'would' its a matter of 'when'

Around the Network

Yes.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

L_ said:
I don't think its a matter of 'would' its a matter of 'when'

We will see. A "main" pokemon on home console has never happenned and Nintendo is playing the "Switch is Wii U replacement" card while maintaining the 3DS for the moment.

It would only happen if the Switch is a huge success in my eyes, equal not for now.

The réal question is : Would Nintendo put an exclusive épisode of Pokémon on Switch ( not like à third épisode of à generation then , which would bé Star).

And thé other best question : Knowing thé laziness of Pokémon dev, would they make an épisode really using Switch power ? That, that would bé à game changer for thé Switch if they finally really dare to bring the Pokémon série in an other dimension of ambition

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Gamefreak already confirmed the games are coming to the Switch so

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Lucas-Rio said:

Put the remakes of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl or the third version of the 7th gen  on Switch and it will sells 2 millions at best.

Put them on 3DS and it will sell 10+ millions easily.

That's why Black and White 2 released on DS and not 3DS even after 3DS launch. I don't see Nintendo risking to slice its game sales by 5 until the Switch is well established.

That's why I never believed the Star rumor. It makes no sense financially for Nintendo and Gamefreak to lose money. People love pokemon but won't buy a 330 euros devices juste for it alone.

The more I think about it, I'm inclined to agree with you that the Pokemon Star for Switch rumor isn't true.  If it were announced, I feel like it would mark the unofficial death of the 3DS when Nintendo probably wants to milk the handheld for one or two more years.