By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm worried for Zelda's chance of winning the GOTY 2017

You know there's many GOTY right not just one lol and it doesn't really matter whether it wins or not so long as you enjoy it

Around the Network

Just being on a Nintendo console it won't win by default. Bayonetta 2 snubbed for a mediocre game in Dragon Age Inqusition. Xenoblade X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions snubbed by DLC...literally DLC. Xenoblade 1 lost to Skyrim and Xenoblade is a far better game.

Goty is whatever you want it to be. Zelda, Horizon and Red Dead will never be better than Persona 5 and Dragon Quest XI to me. I've personally never cared about GOTY awards, but bioware and rockstar definitely get unearned preference so don't be surprised.  I think ME has the best chance if Red Dead doesn't come out this year, but I think it'll also get 75-85 metacritic and be just an average/mediocre RPG like DA3 and will get backlash if it wins (even more so than overwatch).  With that being said Zelda looks HEAT! either way so I wouldn't worry.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

In the end, who wins more GOTY awards doesn't even matter. What matters is how much you enjoy the game.

Yup, this year is great for gaming :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

RDR2 will most likely take it, Rockstar are masters at their craft. Critics will be much more impressive by a next gen RDR than another mario game.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I can't believe people actually worry about this kinda shit, for fuck sake.

Silly thing to worry about.

, it probably will win a few goty awards. But it won t be THE game of the year. And Mario won't be either.

ME andromeda, Red dead 2, Horizon, it will be one of them.

love Mario and the trailer for Odyssey looks great, like turning the page back to the earlier 3D Mario's (which in my opinion were better packages than the Wii and Wii U ones).

That said Zelda looks like an emotional masterpiece and like the whole thing is a painting. I would be shocked if Mario Odyssey ends up being as good. Although if they were both masterpieces I wouldn't complain

at the same time if Horizon or Red Dead 2 end up being like perfect I wouldn't complain either. The odds are whatever game deserves it will take the title. I just want all of the big releases this year to fufill their hype to some degree 

Game of the Year is not a singular win thing, they are a dime a dozen. Some games have over 100 game of the year awards.

Also, Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade look a little bit shit. No way in hell they'll be considered anywhere over Zelda.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.