By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Many are Still Excited for the Switch?

Are you excited for the Switch?

Yes! Launch Day Purchase. 157 32.30%

Yes! Will get it sometime this year. 85 17.49%

Yes! Will wait for price drop. 63 12.96%

No :(, I was but no longer am. 115 23.66%

Just curious to see results. 66 13.58%

Total:486
RolStoppable said:
My excitement is recovering by the day. Was crushed by the hardware price announcement and incoming paid online multiplayer which will make Switch an offline console, unless I can use My Nintendo gold coins to purchase individual months.

At the common asking price of €330, Switch is €80 more than I expected. Still, that's €270 lower than the previous generation.                                     

Or, better yet, silver. Hundred silver coins = online free for a week. 

COKTOE said:

That's a huge issue for me as well. I'm still suckling on the PS3 tit with Yakuza 5. And want to go back and restart FF XIII-2 some time down the road. The sheer volume of backlog reason, cancels out new system hype to a large degree. It's a good problem to have. And a nice way to measure consumer sanity. Given what has transpired in the last few days, the PS5 will be my next purchase. Being SO tied to the Sony ecosystem plays a role too. If the Switch didn't regress from the Vita in some ways, which it has, I would have bit. Nintendo REALLY need to ape the achievment/trophy system. It's such a no-brainer. There is no downside to it. Only positive. I doubt it happens tho. Because.....?????

So a sheer volume of backlog is a nice way to measure consumer sanity.

I don't really see anything good in an achievent system (other than VGChartz trophies, that is). Also the trophy systems seem flawed, as the achievements are made as the purpose of the game instead of playing them.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

I am

but I'm not getting it at launch

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

bdbdbd said:
RolStoppable said:
My excitement is recovering by the day. Was crushed by the hardware price announcement and incoming paid online multiplayer which will make Switch an offline console, unless I can use My Nintendo gold coins to purchase individual months.

At the common asking price of €330, Switch is €80 more than I expected. Still, that's €270 lower than the previous generation.                                     

Or, better yet, silver. Hundred silver coins = online free for a week. 

COKTOE said:

That's a huge issue for me as well. I'm still suckling on the PS3 tit with Yakuza 5. And want to go back and restart FF XIII-2 some time down the road. The sheer volume of backlog reason, cancels out new system hype to a large degree. It's a good problem to have. And a nice way to measure consumer sanity. Given what has transpired in the last few days, the PS5 will be my next purchase. Being SO tied to the Sony ecosystem plays a role too. If the Switch didn't regress from the Vita in some ways, which it has, I would have bit. Nintendo REALLY need to ape the achievment/trophy system. It's such a no-brainer. There is no downside to it. Only positive. I doubt it happens tho. Because.....?????

So a sheer volume of backlog is a nice way to measure consumer sanity.

I don't really see anything good in an achievent system (other than VGChartz trophies, that is). Also the trophy systems seem flawed, as the achievements are made as the purpose of the game instead of playing them.

Ignore it then. I know people that feel the same as you. Some don't mind it. Some love it. You can disable it on your PSN profile if you want to. Not sure about Xbox tbh. It's addition is only a good thing. Attracting users, fostering online communities. It's not all positive. There will be more Johns in your neighborhood.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I'm getting this bitch on day one. I'm shitting on my pants, that's how excited I am.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Stellar_Fungk said:
I'm getting this bitch on day one. I'm shitting on my pants, that's how excited I am.

I'm trying to work that one out. So basically you have your pants off your body and then you drop one onto the pants? I didn't know people could get that excited.

Around the Network

I'm not hyped for the system itself but I am hyped for the games. Dont think I'll be able to get it day 1 tho.

À systèm to play thé same games than WiiU, great....

Its useless until Mario Odyssey so ill bé among the clever ones who will get it At Z better Price and with more games

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

COKTOE said:

Ignore it then. I know people that feel the same as you. Some don't mind it. Some love it. You can disable it on your PSN profile if you want to. Not sure about Xbox tbh. It's addition is only a good thing. Attracting users, fostering online communities. It's not all positive. There will be more Johns in your neighborhood.

That would be a good solution, but the problem that would still exist, is that the games have be to more or less designed around the trophies. Well, everybody is more or less doing it, but I believe in X360 games this was especially flawed, as all the games had to have a trophy system. Just think about the feeling of accomplishment you get for having an achievement for powering on your game. 

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bonzobanana said:
Stellar_Fungk said:

I'm trying to work that one out. So basically you have your pants off your body and then you drop one onto the pants? I didn't know people could get that excited.

What I meant was that I'm shitting my pants. 

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

I'm still excited, but the price of almost everything is horrible. If my financial situation permits, I might get it once the console itself is 250€, but even that depends on how the situation is looking games-wise.