By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Many are Still Excited for the Switch?

Are you excited for the Switch?

Yes! Launch Day Purchase. 157 32.30%

Yes! Will get it sometime this year. 85 17.49%

Yes! Will wait for price drop. 63 12.96%

No :(, I was but no longer am. 115 23.66%

Just curious to see results. 66 13.58%

Total:486

I'm kind of mixed. The online subsciption sucks and the loan a game for a month for your money is an insult rather than gesture. We also should know if you only pay one payment for all the users on the same device, or do you have to pay everyone individually.
I'm still waiting for joycons with D-pad and/or Wii Remote support and if I can play Splatoon 2 using the joycon camera as a pointer. One thing they got right (kind of): it is the PRO controller you need to play on the D-pad.
There should also be a home model that comes without the tablet.

SMO looks retarded.
Zelda, it's hard to know. Looks a lot different than earlier Aonuma Zelda's, but it's Aonuma in question and he knows how to fuck things up.
Splatoon 2, depends on the controls. Dual analog, no thanks. Don't care about analog+motion controller either.
Arms, looked fun in the trailer, but after running onto an actual gameplay video, it doesn't look nearly as interesting anymore.
Bomberman, Street Fighter, Puyo puyo Tetris all look fun.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

I am excited for the games but not much else. The Switch looks nice but the other urghhness is like :T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Johnw1104 said:
COKTOE said:

There are things to like for sure, and I don't mind a lot of the deficiencies. Even the online sub fee. But, even for free, the set-up for online voice chat/party chat/invite, ect, is a stupid, stupid, stuuuuupid, step backwards. And it's a step backwards into shit that nobody has ever attempted. On purpose. I don't step in shit on purpose. I can't use the system itself? And I get to pay for this nonsense? What the actual fuck? That's not happening. Plus I'm still bitter that the 1-2-Switch table tennis video has rendered me impotent. Still hoping it does well, but I'l be quite comfortable watching from the sidelines as opposed to getting in the game. This is a visual representation of the Switch's online setup:

I imagine it has to do with it being a mobile platform, which is to say it will often require that setup for people to communicate and such. The normal approach would have worked only some of the time.

I'm one of those people that plays my portable consoles exclusively at home. We do exist. I've met others out in the wild. :) When I'm out, I'm out, and not playing games. But is there a reason that such things should be totally absent from the system UI? I think not. I hope it's fixed, but hope doesn't sell me a Switch.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Me, I'm excited. Xenoblade 2 is where its at.

COKTOE said:
Johnw1104 said:

I imagine it has to do with it being a mobile platform, which is to say it will often require that setup for people to communicate and such. The normal approach would have worked only some of the time.

I'm one of those people that plays my portable consoles exclusively at home. We do exist. I've met others out in the wild. :) When I'm out, I'm out, and not playing games. But is there a reason that such things should be totally absent from the system UI? I think not. I hope it's fixed, but hope doesn't sell me a Switch.

I'd prefer a conventional system too, but perhaps they didn't see a way to combine both groups? I don't know how it works.

Around the Network

My excited was fatal wounded last year with the rumors about the Switch being an hybrid machine, killed with Nintendo's teaser that confirmed its hybrid nature and buried when they revealed the price.

That's not to say that I won't eventually get it, tho, as it will be the games that sell me the console or not. But it won't happen neither this nor next year, that's for sure.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Johnw1104 said:
COKTOE said:

I'd prefer a conventional system too, but perhaps they didn't see a way to combine both groups? I don't know how it works.

I have trouble imagining it's not possible. If that IS the case, then the ball has been dropped all the same. I played the whole Dead Nation campaign on the Vita with voice chat through the system speakers. It's NOT a taxing procedure to execute. From the original Xbox, to the PS4, there has been a uniformity, with advancements to the standard setup. Now we need another device to supplement what every other system has been able to do on it's own. I don't buy it. Until somebody can prove otherwise, it's lazy BS. And if there is a technical reason to omit such a bacic, industry-standard feature, it's still a fuck up. In fact, that would be even more egregious, because that level of duh-duh cannot be fixed with a simple reversal of decision.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Still very excited. Day 1.

i am still excited... but i won't get it day one... actually... i might get it when xenoblade 2 release...

I'd like to see Nintendo continue in hardware and like the idea of other people buying it but for me personally I only want to play Mario Odyssey and think I'll rent the console and game just for that. I just can't imagine paying close to £60 per game or an online subscription. It's actually nice to see something I don't actually want because I'm a huge gadget freak and keep buying tech I barely use. PS4 pro and Scorpio is where I'll be spending my money console wise.

Went in a game store today and didn't see the Switch shown anywhere. I've a feeling the pre-orders may be healthy for the console but can see it tanking badly after the launch at least here in the uk.