By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ProJared's impressions on Switch

Bandorr said:
GoOnKid said:

I know, I know, here's what I said just 10 minutes earlier: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8253875

But I think many others on this site need that. This negativity towards Nintendo grinds my gears. If it doesn't wear off, I'm gonna spam VGC with positive threads over and over again.

Don't you find it a little odd to go from "don't tell people what to do" to then threatening to spam the boards if people don't like the same toy you do?

You so very much can't stand people disliking what you like - that you want to force it on them?

I doubt I even need to watch the video since it is very clear - by you posting it - what it says.

I may get to it later though.

Weirdly enough it's actually not overtly positive. It's certainly more positive than some of the other videos I've seen, but based on the OP you'd think it was just ten minutes of "OMG OMG IT'S THE BEST THING EVAR!!!!!" But it isn't.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Bandorr said:

Don't you find it a little odd to go from "don't tell people what to do" to then threatening to spam the boards if people don't like the same toy you do?

You so very much can't stand people disliking what you like - that you want to force it on them?

I doubt I even need to watch the video since it is very clear - by you posting it - what it says.

Weirdly enough it's actually not overtly positive. It's certainly more positive than some of the other videos I've seen, but based on the OP you'd think it was just ten minutes of "OMG OMG IT'S THE BEST THING EVAR!!!!!" But it isn't.

Yeah, both ProJared and Angry Joe gave positive but level headed responses to the Switch, with Jod curiously being the more positive one.  Which is nice, far better than the extremes on either end that are frankly becoming very annoying.

The problem with switch isn't in the game playing part, its expensive accessories, paid online that is strange being their online has never been up to snuff and people wonder if this will be the same, worse versions of multiplats even if they can be taken on the go (surprise, this isn't everyones end all be all desire), gimmicky games that held seemed to take priority at the presentation (fear of weak launch line up), third party support... where were the major NEW multiplats, ect.

I think we all know it can play games, and it will do its gimmicks well.

BraLoD said:

I think he once did a LoD video, or had LoD being well taken on one of them, if so he has good taste.

Of course you said this.

Never change lol.

Already seen the video, since I don't own a Wii U and I REALLY want Zelda I'll buy it asap

Around the Network

Yeah he got a free flight to the event, think I'm going to believe anything he says after that?  this video is BS. 

He basically said the same things like others but in a friendly way.

contestgamer said:

Yeah he got a free flight to the event, think I'm going to believe anything he says after that?  this video is BS. 

So you do think that people should buy it at launch then?

BraLoD said:
Insidb said:

Of course you said this.

Never change lol.

It's not my fault LoD is the single best thin humanity ever achieved and nothing ever surpasses it!
I wish it was, tho.

It was too ambitious for its time, but it was still a great game.

potato_hamster said:
GoOnKid said:

I know, I know, here's what I said just 10 minutes earlier: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8253875

But I think many others on this site need that. This negativity towards Nintendo grinds my gears. If it doesn't wear off, I'm gonna spam VGC with positive threads over and over again.

So if the site doesn't start acting the way you want it to, you're going to try and manipulate the free will of the site to try to bend it more towards your world view.

It's not our fault that the Switch is kinda shitty.

It was just a joke in order to avoid getting corrected for my comment I gave in that other thread. Free will means I can share what I like and if you like that, too, you can jump onto that. If not, not. Of course I'm not going to spam VGC. ...or am I?

Bandorr said:
GoOnKid said:

Threatening? That's a strong kind of word here, isn't it? And what kind of threat is that? I'm not gonna eat someones' first born. It was just a joke, anyway. Why you so triggered?

I just felt like I should share this video because it's not overhyping it nor downplaying. It's simply a sophisticated description of what this thing is about. I think we needed that. I didn't even want to spice up the hype.

Yes, I also know the downsides of the Switch, or Nintendo in general, I'm not gonna try to justifiy them. Paid online is the worst cancer that could happen to this industry, for example. I won't subscribe to that.

Finally, I don't think I should have to do this, but I'm doing it anyway: my posts here on VGC surely made me look like the most die hard Nintendo fan evar, but actualy I like good games on any platform. It just so happens that many Nintendo games are exactly what I want. On the other hand, I also want to play The Last Guardian, in fact even more than any of the Switch's launch games (safe for Zelda). I also think that Sunset Overdrive must be a great game and I feel sorry for Scalebound to not come out anymore. At the end, we are all gamers, right? I had no intention to dictate what people should believe since tastes are different.