By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Don't listen to Nintendo's lies!

This was my first thought when I saw the thread title.

Around the Network

I would ask you what's so wrong with that?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Nem said:

I have to ask though... what if the switch is a failure? You think Nintendo put all it's eggs in the switch bag and is throwing out 60million customer as they transition off the Wii U? So... the Switch will have in a very optimistic scenario have a 5m market at the end of the year, 3 in the summer. How are they gonna make money with that installed base?
The 3DS is they airbag. They aren't gonna get rid of it or its sucessor until/if the Switch proves itself to be a sucess.

That is why i say that your post is wishful thinking more than any sort of fact.

Uh...through selling the system at a price that gives them money off it(unlike the wii U) and selling tons of software? Basically how every other console manufacturer gets money. Also, it's going to sell at least 6 million first year. I've seen you and many other people try to downplay it's selling power on other threads because you don't like the product. Get real. If Nintendo shipped 3 million switch's in the first month, it would sell that on Zelda alone. If anything it's Nintendo's own shipments that are hurting the switch sales, not "paid online" or "rip off accessories". Only hardcore gamers care about that. It will probably do 6 million at least, more likely around 7 million because it's getting zelda and mario in the first year. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Nem said:

I have to ask though... what if the switch is a failure? You think Nintendo put all it's eggs in the switch bag and is throwing out 60million customer as they transition off the Wii U? So... the Switch will have in a very optimistic scenario have a 5m market at the end of the year, 3 in the summer. How are they gonna make money with that installed base?
The 3DS is they airbag. They aren't gonna get rid of it or its sucessor until/if the Switch proves itself to be a sucess.

That is why i say that your post is wishful thinking more than any sort of fact.

Uh...through selling the system at a price that gives them money off it(unlike the wii U) and selling tons of software? Basically how every other console manufacturer gets money. Also, it's going to sell at least 6 million first year. I've seen you and many other people try to downplay it's selling power on other threads because you don't like the product. Get real. If Nintendo shipped 3 million switch's in the first month, it would sell that on Zelda alone. If anything it's Nintendo's own shipments that are hurting the switch sales, not "paid online" or "rip off accessories". Only hardcore gamers care about that. It will probably do 6 million at least, more likely around 7 million because it's getting zelda and mario in the first year. 

"Tons of software" i chuckled

patronmacabre said:
This was my first thought when I saw the thread title.

that's exactly what I envisioned when creating this thread.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
m_csquare said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

"Tons of software" i chuckled

Yes, as in the few games they have on their system, will sell millions. "tons". I never said, tons of variety. Lol. 

Pavolink said:
RolStoppable said:
Well, that's something you have to tell the people who are not Nintendo fans. They think that Switch will be another Wii U and Nintendo is going to launch a new handheld in the not-too-distant future.

Good luck selling an underpowered handheld that can run Zelda BotW only at 900p. 4k is the least they must aim.

Lmao. "4K is a must" I don't know a single person who owns a 4K tv nor do I ever hear friends talk about them.

Nem said:

Yeah, I can see Nintendo being too afraid of letting go of their 3DS safety blanket and as a result not giving Switch the unified support it needs to succeed.

Azuren said:

what I'm trying to say is don't let Reggie/Nintendo fool you into believing Switch is a dedicated home console, cause instead it is a 3ds killer; and also for that price you can get a console that's more beefy.

edit: they're pricing the Switch as a home console, and not as a portable machine, and I think that's bad. Side note; Remember the 3ds launch price was $250 USD, then it was dropped to $169.99. They need to drop the price, and they need to do it quick, this is what Nintendo must do

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Azuren said:

what I'm trying to say is don't let Reggie/Nintendo fool you into believing Switch is a dedicated home console, cause instead it is a 3ds killer; and also for that price you can get a console more beefy.

If it is a 3DS killer, as you say, that makes other platforms even less of a substitute, not more.