By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Don't listen to Nintendo's lies!

numberwang said:
Milk dat 3DS

Best moment of the Treehouse. I cried from laughter XD. 

Of course it's a lie. That's PR right there. It happens every time a new console releases.

Around the Network

Not entirely a lie, 3DS is still getting games this year so they will be coexisting atleast for a time. This'll definitely be the last year for 3DS though, I don't think Nintendo is stupid enough to try developing for two platforms again.

It's just Reggie and Nintendo's Self Assurance Program that only exists in their minds. What's really going on is...

"If Switch fails, 3DS has a long life ahead of it". "If Switch succeeds, what the hell is a 3DS anyway?"

It's like when platform owners deny any notion of an upcoming price cut or new SKU. None of it is true until they are ready to tell you it's true.

My 8th gen collection

They have tons of Pokemon Sun/Moon copies to sell, they'll never admint that the system is ending...

Around the Network

For Switch to live, 3DS must die.
If they don't give their undivided support to the Switch, it will suffer from the same game droughts as Wii U.

numberwang said:
Milk dat 3DS

^ this, it's just to transition from one cash cow to the next with minimal distruption, think of each of those squirts as money going into the bank  

Doesn't every hardware manufacturer basically say the last gen unit will coexist with the new gen unit?

Remember Don Mattrick saying that MS does have a console you can share games on, it's called the Xbox 360.

I think the only time there has been any significant coexistence was PS2/PS3. The last PS2 exclusive game to be released was in 2009, and the very last PS2 game to be released was in 2013. So games released on PS2 pretty much during the entire 7th generation.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

RolStoppable said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Not entirely a lie, 3DS is still getting games this year so they will be coexisting atleast for a time. This'll definitely be the last year for 3DS though, I don't think Nintendo is stupid enough to try developing for two platforms again.

Talking about co-existence isn't a lie, but Reggie's actual quote starts by saying that the 3DS has a long life ahead of it.

Oh, well that's pure bs.

curl-6 said:
For Switch to live, 3DS must die.
If they don't give their undivided support to the Switch, it will suffer from the same game droughts as Wii U.

Exactly. Nintendo giving support to the 3DS wouldn't be just unrealistic, it would also be stupid XD