By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Lacks Pack-In Title Because It's $299, Says Reggie Fils-Aime

1-2-Switch should've been packed in. Later on they should make a Zelda set.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Goodnightmoon said:

But what is he supposed to say anyways? "Nah this thing is cheap but we sell it at 300 to see if we can have profits and if things go wrong we go down to 250$ and solved" or something on the lines? wether he is right or not on his answer that's the logical thing to answer anyways.

What he should have said is nothing. He can't say that they didn't include a game because the console is already 300$ because there's no possible defense for that. They have either screwed up the hardware cost again, which would be a repeat of Wii U's mistake, or they are ripping us.

A gently silence would have been a much better answer than what he said.

Yeah that may be true, it would have been akward to not answer such a simple question though.

oniyide said:
KLXVER said:

Will probably sell 5-10 times more than most third party games.

How much you think it will sell lifetime? Most 3rd party what? AAA titles? No AA? A? B?

All of them.

Depends on how well the console does, but around 3-5M.

Goodnightmoon said:
JEMC said:

What he should have said is nothing. He can't say that they didn't include a game because the console is already 300$ because there's no possible defense for that. They have either screwed up the hardware cost again, which would be a repeat of Wii U's mistake, or they are ripping us.

A gently silence would have been a much better answer than what he said.

Yeah that may be true, it would have been akward to not answer such a simple question though.

Then say something as simple as "We don't think it is necessary". Simple as that.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

potato_hamster said:
vivster said:

It comes with two HD rumbling Joycons.

W

It boggles my mind that Nintendo invested so heavily in the features that feel like such an afterthought.

Except when regular rumble was introduced, it became a standard. HD rumble is obviously the next step in rumble tech.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Normchacho said:

Yes, and the calculation they made is that a large enough portion of their userbase care enough about handhelds that they can focus on that. Enough of their players are either handheld exclusive, or play on both handheld and consoles that it made the most financial sense.

However, that means that if you're someone who is a Nintendo fan, but doesn't play on a handheld, Nintendo no longer has a system for you.

It's not a sense of entitlement. After twenty years of buying their consoles Nintendo has said they don't want my business and I'm not the only one.

Thats not the calculation they made, thats the way it is, period. You can look at the sales of the portables versus the home consoles and there is a big difference. Cant really blame them for going more handheld, i get it that you feel you are being shafted but sometimes you gotta take a limb to save the whole body

Your post is pretty much exactley what I'm saying. Nintendo probably saw that maybe half of all Wii U owners didn't also own a 3DS, realized that they could provide a better product to that 50-60 million person block of gamers by leaving behind a 6-7 million block of gamers.

It makes total sense for Nintendo. But if you're like me, as in someone who just wants to sit in front of his tv with a normal controller and play Nintendo games, you'd be paying for a lot of stuff you're never going to use by buying the Switch.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Goodnightmoon said:
JRPGfan said:
oh uh!

thats not good news.... did they design it too expensively?

What news? That is costs 300$ without a game, those are news?

"that the reason it lacks a game, is because they went for 299$ price point"

Their implying that its expensive to make, and they wouldnt want to sell it bundled with a game for 299$, but higher if they had too.

Either reggie is lieing (his job is to sell the product and make it seem worth its cost), or they did another Wii U gamepad situation.

Turkish said:
Goodnightmoon said:
That 1-2-Switch thing should definitely come bundled though

That "thing" is going to major bomba at $60.

Agree completely. By bundling it you would at least ad value to the console, that would give back some (if not all or more) of the value put into developing it. 

Turkish said:
Goodnightmoon said:
That 1-2-Switch thing should definitely come bundled though

That "thing" is going to major bomba at $60.

It's a $50 game that deserves to be priced $20 at most.

Why do they think it's going to be a hit at $50 when Snipperclips is launching at $20 with more perceived content?

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

rjason12 said:
potato_hamster said:

W

It boggles my mind that Nintendo invested so heavily in the features that feel like such an afterthought.

Except when regular rumble was introduced, it became a standard. HD rumble is obviously the next step in rumble tech.

So now the controller can vibrate in more places than one or two. Who cares? This feature doesn't sell systems, and it's certainly nothing like a big secret feature that Nintendo felt they needed to keep under wraps. In fact I bet if Nintendo didn't beat it over your head that it had new fancy rumble technology, most people wouldn't notice the difference, much less care.