By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NIS CEO: "Important that PS4 and Switch balance out." Multiplat "very much" possible.

Aerys said:
From what i hear from japaneses, Switch will bé à failure There, everyone is trolling it and préfers 3DS for handheld games and PS4 as home console, theyre too much annoyed n'y thé size

Thing is, Size won't matter the moment that Pokemon and splatoon come out. Splatoon sold the Wii U well in a market that is almost virgins to home consoles. Now that Splatoon 2 is on a "mobile" device it will sell the system. Pokemon, too. Monster Hunter will probably be on PS4 but let's be honest, if it's on Switch it might as well be exclusive to it in Japan since most MH players are portable.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
From what i hear from japaneses, Switch will bé à failure There, everyone is trolling it and préfers 3DS for handheld games and PS4 as home console, theyre too much annoyed n'y thé size

Haha, are you for real?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

BraLoD said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Thing is, Size won't matter the moment that Pokemon and splatoon come out. Splatoon sold the Wii U well in a market that is almost virgins to home consoles. Now that Splatoon 2 is on a "mobile" device it will sell the system. Pokemon, too. Monster Hunter will probably be on PS4 but let's be honest, if it's on Switch it might as well be exclusive to it in Japan since most MH players are portable.

"Size won't matter", "come out", "virgins", "Monster", I don't know why I'm doing this... but it seems appropriate.

It's not. Aren't you like 40??????????

Disgaea is AWESOME.  I already have it on PS4 and will be buying again for switch to play on the go.

Well, it makes sense for them to think this way: 3DS is getting old, Switch actually is the new portable.

Actually that really explains Nintendo's presentation!
What 3rd parties were given the spotlight: S-E, Atlus, NIS, SEGA, EA, Bethesda and Suda.
That alone shows that not only Nintendo is having trouble finding support - so far; things can change come E3 - outsider the usual suspects, but it also shows that japanese do need Switch to succeed (3DS won't sell forever!).

Actually, now i understand why the Presentation took place in Japan: the heavyweights are specially catered for the japanese market!

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
Well, it makes sense for them to think this way: 3DS is getting old, Switch actually is the new portable.

What 3rd parties were given the spotlight: S-E, Atlus, NIS, SEGA, EA, Bethesda and Suda.
That alone shows that not only Nintendo is having trouble finding support - so far; things can change come E3 - outsider the usual suspects, but it also shows that japanese do need Switch to succeed (3DS won't sell forever!).

Actually, now i understand why the Presentation took place in Japan: the heavyweights are specially catered for the japanese market!

You are forgetting Nintendo Direct reveals and possible E3 bombs they are saving to drop, they can't just unload everything in January.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
outlawauron said:

For someone who wants to play it ASAP, I don't want to wait for months or years for ports of Vita and PS4 games.

Nier is releasing in the same time frame on pc as ps4 lol

If by same time frame, we don't know the release date then sure lol. I'm hoping to have beaten it before a week is up.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

RolStoppable said:
BraLoD said:

But I just old that, it'll be priced close to 1-2 Switch, a Nintendo game, and it'll come down in price many times faster just as well, so I think as far as pricing goes, specially for what it offers as a game, it's pretty much where it should be.
If the audience is not there, releasing it for half the price from the get go will just get NIS less money and no positive effect at all, so again, the pricing seems right to me.

1-2-Switch has no relevance because nobody in their right mind is going to put such different games against each other to judge if price and value are reasonable. Disgaea 5 will be evaluated as an SRPG, or in the broader sense, as an RPG. People will consider Nintendo games as well as other third party titles that fall into the same category, and then decide whether Disgaea 5 is worthy of costing just as much as the best games in the genre. Given that Disgaea is niche plus a very hit and miss title as far as reception goes (there is usually no middleground, people either like it or hate it), it's a battle where the odds are stacked greatly against NIS.

Releasing it at half the price is going to make people consider to give it a shot. The same people would ignore it at $60 and not return for a purchase once it hits $30, because newer games would already have their attention.

I dunno, this is a hard one. Do you really think the potential market for Disgaea is large enough to throw it out there at $30? I have a hard time thinking the people who are interested in an RPG would pass it up on a platform with no other RPG.

RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:

I dunno, this is a hard one. Do you really think the potential market for Disgaea is large enough to throw it out there at $30? I have a hard time thinking the people who are interested in an RPG would pass it up on a platform with no other RPG.

Isn't I Am Setsuna scheduled for Switch's launch day?

I think it is in Japan. There are only 5 launch titles in the US, and neither are Disgaea or I Am Setsuna. 

Don't know about I Am Setsuna, but DIsgaea is a Western series in appeal. The US more than doubles the JP sales. I have to imagine they're counting on sales here.

Edit: Considering they'll likely release right next to each other, then they definitely will be competing with each other.

dahuman said:
DélioPT said:

You are forgetting Nintendo Direct reveals and possible E3 bombs they are saving to drop, they can't just unload everything in January.

I wasn't expecting more than the launch line-up and a few surprises.
But what we got was a clear image that Nintendo could barely get games for launch and that whatever games they will have that aren't 1st party or Indie, are mainly from japanese companies.

It was a great presentation for japanese gamers, not so much for the rest of us.
That's why i think that was the actual reason to have a press conference in Japan.

I'm not sure there will be any special reveal for launch line-up or launch window. They had so few games to show that it doesn't make sense to hold back.