By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NIS CEO: "Important that PS4 and Switch balance out." Multiplat "very much" possible.

Very good! The switch will look more attractive.

The Vita and 3DS will die soon and the Switch can get 100% market share in the handheld category.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
BraLoD said:

NIS went PS2 to PS3 straight, even when the PS3 was doing poorly, Disgaea 3 released as a PS3 exclusive in 2007 (EDIT: it was actually January 2008), its worst year, not really the case with the PS4, so going PS3 to PS4 straight does makes sense if that worked out, even more as Nintendo has been declining on both fronts since they tried it.

Nintendo both most succesful home console and handheld apparently weren't viable, you can understand why they skipped the Wii U and 3DS pretty easily...

Now they are really in need of money, started porting to PC and also Switch, have in mind NIS always release their games on handhelds with extra content, which is not happening here, they are porting the game and adding the release content and not making anything new, theirs Disgaea 1, 2, 3 and 4 ports to PSP and PSV all have their own new subtitles and unique additions, they are not just game + dlc bundle, so it's pretty clear this wasn't planned like those versions always were, which support their first statement, but they are doing it out of need.

I can understand why they skipped the 3DS, because NIS is a poorly run company. Pretty much everything they made failed to turn into something sustainable. Of course support for Switch is born out of desperation. If they still had a choice, they wouldn't support a Nintendo system. The way they put games on Nintendo will lead to the same results as the last time they tried. The games aren't good enough and they won't be priced competitively.

i think thats a bit harsh, its known that 3DS doesnt support alot of the game engines that smaller studios use, it didnt even have Unity supoort for most of its life.

Switch having Unity & Unreal 4 support seems to be helping alot of smaller Japanese & indie support Nintendo's portable offerings.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

RolStoppable said:
BraLoD said:

They tried it from the get go, Disgaea, the first of the series, was released on the DS. (Phantom Brave on the Wii as well)
Wasn't viable enough, back then.

They completely skipped the 3DS though, didn't they? During the Wii and DS era, it could be easily argued that PS alone is big enough to ignore other options, but in the 3DS generation the Sony handheld faltered and banking on the PS4 to make up for it wasn't smart.

I think the numbers they did on the DS were probably poor compared to the ones on they do on the vita, a lot of their audience is on the vita and they just basically make the same games for the ps4 and vita so it becomes cheaper.

with the switch they can do the same and release the games on both platforms for low cost so i bet the switch will receive the support easily, its not like they need to develop a game entirely like for the ds and 3ds

easy money and games for everyone 

BraLoD said:
RolStoppable said:

I can understand why they skipped the 3DS, because NIS is a poorly run company. Pretty much everything they made failed to turn into something sustainable. Of course support for Switch is born out of desperation. If they still had a choice, they wouldn't support a Nintendo system. The way they put games on Nintendo will lead to the same results as the last time they tried. The games aren't good enough and they won't be priced competitively.

The games are good, Disgaea is better than anything Nintendo has ever done, IMO.
Priced competitively to what? Nintendo games will be priced just like that, even things like 1-2 switch, but drop price much faster, tho...

I can't agree with that man, I haven't played a single Disgaea game that's better than Fire Emblem released in the same time frame, I honestly just gave up after 3, and from what I've seen, that hasn't really changed.

BraLoD said:
dahuman said:

Name me a company that doesn't want to potentially make more money.

I think some people would say they preffered company doesn't care about money, pretty sure actually, I already saw it...

But yeah, companies exist to make money, if they don't want to make money they are not acting like a proper company (that doesn't mean they should care JUST about money tho... *looks at EA*).

EA is a piece of shit, but they are definitely rolling in that money lol. I'm sure NIS would love to be in their shoes.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
dahuman said:

I can't agree with that man, I haven't played a single Disgaea game that's better than Fire Emblem released in the same time frame, I honestly just gave up after 3, and from what I've seen, that hasn't really changed.

Well, that's fine, the same way I have it as my favorite franchise people can also despise it as bad games just as well, opinions does go that far.
I have only played the first Fire Emblem and boy... it doesn't have a single thing on Disgaea, same for Final Fantasy Tatics.

Actually, I take that back, Radiant Dawn was a little iffy, it was a decent game but I don't think it's better than Afternoon of Darkness, but that's like the only time I can think of lol. IMO Lion Wars was the one, rest are SE milk cows, fuck those.

BraLoD said:
dahuman said:

Actually, I take that back, Radiant Dawn was a little iffy, it was a decent game but I don't think it's better than Afternoon of Darkness, but that's like the only time I can think of lol. IMO Lion Wars was the one, rest are SE milk cows, fuck those.

Afternoon of Darkness was the one that released for the DS? (it was the PSP one, the PS2 original was Hour of Darkness)

Yeah I'm comparing same release time frame, I had a PSP as well, until it was fucking stolen.

BraLoD said:
dahuman said:

Yeah I'm comparing same release time frame, I had a PSP as well, until it was fucking stolen.

Sad to hear, hope the thief or howerer it sold it to enjoyed it at least, lol.

Never trust car rental places, if you forget something in there when you return the car, it will be like it was never there to start with like fucking magic, within the hour.

From what i hear from japaneses, Switch will bé à failure There, everyone is trolling it and préfers 3DS for handheld games and PS4 as home console, theyre too much annoyed n'y thé size

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
From what i hear from japaneses, Switch will bé à failure There, everyone is trolling it and préfers 3DS for handheld games and PS4 as home console, theyre too much annoyed n'y thé size

Oh you have reliable source of word of mouth, can you provide it?