By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - since when did graphics > gameplay?

I really hate it when literally everyone in the comment section was complaining about the graphics every time a trailer came out. you will see comments like "what? only 30 fps? 720p?" "I hate the art style" "looks outdated" "is this for ps2?" every time a new trailer came out. 

But why? why people can't just shut up and enjoy the gameplay?  Furthermore, I don't see the point of "good graphic" in console gaming. If you really want a 4k + 120fps game, just get a gaming PC.

Sorry for my terrible English, but I really pissed off by all the comments while watching some trailers (ps4 n switch)  on youtube.

sry for my bad english - it is not my 1st language

Around the Network

It was destined to happen. Ever since the Intellivision and Atari days. The first thing people notice about anything is how it looks. You can say, "it's what's on the inside that counts" all you want but it's human nature to judge first by looks. That applies to everything.

People have certain standards about games like they do men or women. They don't just go for any and everything. It is stupid to simply judge based on looks, and that's where I draw the line. If you say that a game sucks just because of how it looks graphically, you're really missing the point of gaming.

I agree, if you want the best graphics and you're arguing between PS4, Xbox and Nintendo fans, you're in the wrong place. Get a PC.

7th generation really pushed this idea, because none of the PS2 owners really cared that they got the ugliest or worse performing versions than the other systems.

Graphics can lend itself to gameplay and thus make a world more believable and immersive.

With that in mind, what if I told you that you are allowed to have both, Gameplay and Graphics and that other platforms actually offer both? I know. Crazy to think, right?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

When Doom have some of the best gameplay in the business and best graphics. I want more of that not less. I can still enjoy a bad looking game with good gameplay, but why does it have to be bad looking? I prefer good graphics games with good gameplay. It's that simple.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Graphics can lend itself to gameplay and thus make a world more believable and immersive.

With that in mind, what if I told you that you are allowed to have both, Gameplay and Graphics and that other platforms actually offer both? I know. Crazy to think, right?

I was going to post something similar.

It's like asking for ketchup, onions, and pickles on the burger you ordered and then having someone yell, "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!  WHY DO YOU THINK KETCHUP IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE HAMBURGER!"

Is it 2006?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

If gameplay would be that much more important that graphics, we will still have just pong and tetris...

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

While I agree with the general statement, I find that framerate is linked more to gameplay than graphics. The feel of a game at 60 fps is a lot nicer than 30.

Ever since 3D was powerful enough to do FPS and especially 7th gen when consoles somewhat caught up to PC. It's mostly the Fps crowd who doesn't play anything else anyway.