By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - since when did graphics > gameplay?

Yeah...... Get a PC Guys!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

It is a part of the game. Of course there's always hyperbole but you can ignore that people. It's not like they deserves a single second of attention.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Knitemare said:
If gameplay would be that much more important that graphics, we will still have just pong and tetris...

You sure you're not exaggerating the issue just a little bit?

A mix of both is the best situation.

WiiU games had great IQ, so the lower tier graphics were fine. Switch will be the same.

Zkuq said:
Knitemare said:
If gameplay would be that much more important that graphics, we will still have just pong and tetris...

You sure you're not exaggerating the issue just a little bit?

Maybe...

Ok I stand corrected. Its more like the other guy mentioned. Frame Rate is more about smooth gameplay than graphics. So maybe its not strictly neccesary to achieve 1080p, but itll be nicer to get 60FPS even at lets say 540p...

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network

Graphics has always been the hallmark of a new generation. Its the first most blatant thing you notice when you power up your new console for the first time. "Wow look at these next gen graphics!" Its the statement that justifies the new cost of hardware. If you buy a new console, open it up, connect the thing and the first thing you notice is that the graphics look bad what will you say? "Oh I bet the gameplay is amazing!" no.

Since I was a kid and Super Nintendo versus Sega Genesis and discussion of graphics came up often. Donkey Kong Country and Star Fox were two major graphical showcases of the SNES.

It has never been the case.

What bothers me is the idea that it's either good graphics or good gameplay. It makes me roll my eyes everytime someone brings up this ludicrous idea.

bunchanumbers said:
Graphics has always been the hallmark of a new generation. Its the first most blatant thing you notice when you power up your new console for the first time. "Wow look at these next gen graphics!" Its the statement that justifies the new cost of hardware. If you buy a new console, open it up, connect the thing and the first thing you notice is that the graphics look bad what will you say? "Oh I bet the gameplay is amazing!" no.

I agree with this so much. The first thing most people notice when a game gets announced is the graphics and theme. That's what captures peoples attention and interest. The next thing that most likely comes to mind is what type of game it is. After that they may wonder about the gameplay.

I remember this argument. It's been around for a while. Don't worry about it. I remember.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."