By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So the Switch is a $129.99 handheld?

Nah, the price of accessories is just inflated. This is pretty common with game consoles; there's a larger profit margin on accessories than on the games or console itself usually.

Don't get me wrong, the accessories are priced ridiculously, especially that dock. As far as I know, that dock is just a big hunk of plastic with HDMI and charging ports. It probably costs them $5 to manufacture. If it at least acted as a Roku or something and handled streaming services while the Switch was away, maybe that would be alright, but right now it's pretty useless. Which is a shame, cuz I would have liked to put docks in every room of my house, but at $90 there's no fucking way. Lost opportunity for Nintendo to sell a shit load of those to people like me.

Around the Network

Switch would have done much better with cheaper controllers and a simple usb c to hdmi/mini usb/usb c cable. They're overcharging for things I can buy myself for cheap. There's no reason these accessories should be priced so high.

No, the Switch is a $130 home console.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

That's not how that works...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I don't really think you can substract teh joy-cons and still call it a handheld....

Around the Network

PS4 Uncharted 4 Bundle= 300
Uncharted 4= 60
Dualshock 4= 60

PS4 is a $180 home console.

ktay95 said:
Right because theres no markup on accessories or anything -_-

Seriously, thread fail.

vivster said:

No, the Switch is a $130 home console.

My 8th gen collection

No, just keep 2 joycons, these are super important for buttons. I think you meant this joy-con charging grip which is cost $30.  joy-con plastic thingy which is kinda cost like cheap.

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/switch/buy-now/

Also note: scroll down for more, don't stop.

Edited: Been overhelped people as hell yesterday.

Touchscreen gaming is garbage, so hopefully most/all major games don't use that. I'd love to see a $99 set-top variant eventually, which should be pretty feasible given the potato hardware. Losing the screen, and just playing with a pro controller would be my preferred way to play Nintendo's 1st party stuff. I give zero effs about touch, motion controls, mobile, or paying for online MP, so this system is sitting at about a 0/10 for me and that probably won't change to be honest. I can keep an open mind down the line though should they have a bout of sanity. I'm having a hard time seeing how this will sell more than about 30M LTD, and that's highly optimistic. 20 or less feels about right unless they pull a pretty rapid 3DS-style price cut/rebound with a lot of support. That is even tougher to do with accessories priced up to the moon.