By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 has no new tracks? Seemingly Confirmed by Japanese Presentation

Volterra_90 said:
fedfed said:
wasn't there a new Yoshi shaped track?

have I played that on the Wii U version?

If you paid the DLCs, you played it.

I am terrible... I pay and don't even know....

Switch!!!

Around the Network

Actually, porting MarioKart 8 over with all of its DLC included to a totally new code is a monumental task by itself. With all the DLC, its like two whole games in one. And they are adding a proper battle mode to boot. Whats not to like?

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

And to think people didnt liké remasters this generation

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

this game does not have the right to exist...

$60 isn't worth it at all, should've been $40 at most.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
$60 isn't worth it at all, should've been $40 at most.

I'm pretty sure the normal Mario Kart 8 is still $50.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I actually prefer it this way, because it makes it more likely that we'll get a true Mario Kart sequel for the Switch down the line. I'm happy with my current copy with all the DLC and don't have a huge need for battlemode (i'd prefer having the DS mission mode back though).

fedfed said:
Volterra_90 said:

If you paid the DLCs, you played it.

I am terrible... I pay and don't even know....

Hahaha. Well, if you don't remember you might as well playing it again

leedlelee said:
If this is indeed true, then I think I'll wait for Mario Kart 9...

Same.  I own the original, and all DLC.  There's no way I'll pay $60 for that tiny bit of new content.

Bandorr said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:
Actually, porting MarioKart 8 over with all of its DLC included to a totally new code is a monumental task by itself. With all the DLC, its like two whole games in one. And they are adding a proper battle mode to boot. Whats not to like?

The lack of new tracks.  The absurd cost of at least another controll. Paying for online if you want to play online.  That all this - is basically a DLC upgrade and it isn't coming to come to wii U.

Oh and for you - the lack of amiibos. How can you support a game that doesn't have its own amiibos?

Nice of you to acknowledge my needs. But the game has new skins for your Mii by using amiibos. Thats been there from the beginning. Also the Switch bundle comes with TWO Joy-Con controllers, which is more than any other company gives you in a bundle. And paid online? Everyone else is doing it. Nintendo had to join the party sometime.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969