By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Sales Predictions: Open Your Eyes - UPDATE: Switch LTD Shipments Reach 111.08m by June 30th, Forecast for Current Fiscal Year Remains at 21.0m

Paul said:
I think some commentary from quick rick and donferrari is needed to balance out this biased thread.

shhh... please I don't wanna scroll down hundreds of posts from those 2 people alone... can't we have atleast 1 thread where we won't have to suffer from their delustions ;p

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

The Switch will fail! It won't even reach Wii U Numbers! Nintendo should go third party! I remember reading all of this on a massive topic on sonygaf. Every single post was on how Switch will fail after that January presentation. You really can never count Nintendo out. What I find more important to me than just hardware sales is third-party announcements are constant! Indies and bigger publishers lining up to put games on it. Not since SNES have I seen this much support for a Nintendo system that wasn't strictly a handheld.

This thread will never die like that "Vita is set to succeed" article.

Every Nintendo fan makes the annual pilgrimage to that article.

I predict that Nintendo might have shipped a total of 14.75〜15.96 million units by the end of December.
But,there was first holiday and elimination of shortage in Japan. So I am not confident.

NS sales US+JP(NPD+Famitsu)
Q1 1.43million Total
Q2 1.15million 2.58million
Q3 1.47million 4.05million
Q4 4.19million 8.23million

NS shipped
Q1 2.74million Total
Q2 1.96million 4.70million
Q3 2.93million 7.63million

Calculate every quarter
170%〜199% Q4 7.12〜8.33million

The Switch will Sell 65 million units.

If Nintendo plans to ship 150k more before March 31, it means they have a metric ass ton on store shelves.

I think some Nintendo fans are insane. They put to much burden on Nintendo and they think that there is actually a real group out there that doesn't like Nintendo... like people who don't like Mario? Thats fake news. everyone likes Mario and Nintendo. It doesn't mean they can't like something else more.

Nintendo has crafted a nice hybrid console and it will sell very well. The graphic look great for their games and the games look nice on a screen. (By the way I did finally get a 4K TV and I wonder how the Switch scales to those resolutions. I would love a nice photo topic on this).

The price is fine as it is actually perfect. I don't even want to argue over this. Just trust me. The machine is also a console no matter what the hell you think about handhelds. It hooks to the TV. It plays games, In portable, you get this fantastic image. Its the same price of Vita at launch (3G).

It Pokemons.

People don't buy Switch because they think its better than PS4. They don't. Thats insane. Until you can TLoU on the go, you are gonna be like everyone else and see each system for what it has.

Switch will NOT sell 100 million. There simply isn't enough time. Everyone forgets that NINTENDO is the one who started enhanced consoles with the New3DS. So there is a chance that that will extend the life of the consoles for another 2-3 years. It will match the 3DS. Around 65 million.

It will never reach PS4 levels and that is fine. It will top Xbox and thats amazing in the time frame. The reason it will not top the PS4 is because no one here is honest about the Wii. Why was the Wii so successful? Because of older people. This doesn't mean anyone hates Nintendo by being honest. This doesn't mean anyone wants Nintendo to do bad by being honest. When people tell the truth, sometimes they are doing so for the sake of being accurate.

Nintendo can still target an audience very well and will sell a ton. Nintendo wants Switch to supplant its mobile and console efforts because they can sell the online service on the device regardless. This is the point. This is Nintendo bank rolling. I predict that (In a would without a Pokemon release this year) the PS4 will be the top sold LTD console in Japan with Switch close behind and Xbox actually recording its first negative sales in Japan this year.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:

If Nintendo plans to ship 150k more before March 31, it means they have a metric ass ton on store shelves.

Okay, the rest of your post is nonsense, but this part is just factually wrong.

Nintendo plans to ship 2.87 million more units from January 1st to March 31st. Looks like you're confusing lifetime shipments (14.86 million) with shipments so far in the fiscal year (12.13 million). It is the second number that is going to be 15 million by March.

StarDoor said:
CosmicSex said:

Nintendo plans to ship 2.87 million more units from January 1st to March 31st. Looks like you're confusing lifetime shipments (14.86 million) with shipments so far in the fiscal year (12.13 million). It is the second number that is going to be 15 million by March.

Okay got you because it actually launched in FY16.  Thanks for the correction.  I appreciate facts.  Knowing is better than being an idiot.  I think the rest of my post will come true.  Lets just revisit this in the future.  I will wait.

CosmicSex said:
StarDoor said:

Okay got you because it actually launched in FY16.  Thanks for the correction.  I appreciate facts.  Knowing is better than being an idiot.  I think the rest of my post will come true.  Lets just revisit this in the future.  I will wait.

What makes you think its going to sell ~10 million less than 3DS lifetime?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
CosmicSex said:

Something about old people.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
zorg1000 said:

Something about old people.

Them damn baby boomers ruin everything

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.