By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Absolutely no hype for splatoon 2

jason1637 said:
oniyide said:
What were some people expecting? It wasnt going to be a step up ala Titanfall 2. ITs basically an enhanced port

Its a sequel with new SP, clothing, weapons, maps, abilities, and modes. Titanfall 2 had a new SP, abilities, maps, modes, weapons. How is splatoon 2 any different?

any of this confirmed?

Around the Network

Splatoon 2 is just as much a sequel as the many iterations of Call of Duty. They look very similar but the stages, weapons, and mechanics are all different or adjusted. If we're willing to give literally every other competitive shooter in existence a pass, I don't see why we wouldn't do the same for Splatoon 2. I suspect it will have a great deal more content and changes than this thread is giving it credit for.

And for what it's worth, me and literally everyone I know is super psyched for Splatoon 2. So, there's that. 

oniyide said:
jason1637 said:

Its a sequel with new SP, clothing, weapons, maps, abilities, and modes. Titanfall 2 had a new SP, abilities, maps, modes, weapons. How is splatoon 2 any different?

any of this confirmed?

Yes the gameplay and trailer on Youtube show new maps, weapons, clothing, abilities, and at they show they confirmed new a new mode co op mode and they said they will show more modes closer to launch. A new SP is a safe bet because in the trailer a new character with grey hair was shown.

There is some hype. It just got overshadowed by the whole Switch event, Super Mario Odyssey, Arms (a new IP) and another BotW trailer.

Nogamez said:
Haha compete with Xbox one?? How? It's a Hand held? Have you seen the size of the xbox one and you think Nintendo can cram all that into a Portable.

Well... It's also replacing their home console. Sooooo I was kinda hoping it could compete.  The fact that is can't is... Ridiculous.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Nautilus said:

Never was a fan of Splatoon, so Im not sure, but I thing everything they showed there was new, with a few exceptions like a few weapons and such.Otherwise the super atacks, music, stages, costumes, hub, single player and so on are new.

Sounds good then.
Although to my untrained eye it looked very similar. :p

Pretty sure almost everything shown was new.  All weapons seem to have new models.  All the supers are new.  The setting is new it seems, with a very different hub city appearing.  And there's an all new singleplayer campaign set two years after the original.   So yeah, there's a number of substantial differences actually.

Could be worse, and look worse than the game before it. (Looking at you Xenoblade 2)

jason1637 said:
oniyide said:

any of this confirmed?

Yes the gameplay and trailer on Youtube show new maps, weapons, clothing, abilities, and at they show they confirmed new a new mode co op mode and they said they will show more modes closer to launch. A new SP is a safe bet because in the trailer a new character with grey hair was shown.

Actually, the grey hair character seems to be Marrie :P.  But it does have new singleplayer.  It takes place in a new city it seems and the Treehouse confirmed it's a whole new campaign taking place 2 years after the first game.

Nuvendil said:
jason1637 said:

Actually, the grey hair character seems to be Marrie :P.  But it does have new singleplayer.  It takes place in a new city it seems and the Treehouse confirmed it's a whole new campaign taking place 2 years after the first game.

Ah ok i only skipped through parta of the treehouse but good that loads of new content is confirmed.

Yeah, this is one major downside to Switch being so close in power to WiiU.