By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Absolutely no hype for splatoon 2

I feel like nobody cares about Splatoon 2.... Because it looks EXACTLY like Splatoon 1. When I heard it wasn't a port I got sick to my stomach. Like I thought it was the same game from the trailer. How could there be that little effort into the visuals for a full blown sequel? It's basically new maps and new weapons. In other words it's a glorified update. Sure it's a little ways off but they won't be able to change the graphics that much. I don't know. Only Mario looked like a step up and even that wasn't a huge step up compared to a game like Mario Kart 8. Now I never expected a super powerful console from Nintendo even though when I was a kid they were cutting edge... But I did expect them to be able to compete with current gen. I mean this thing probably can't even handle ports of Xbox One games which is abysmal. Don't defend them this is bad. I really really hope they are coming out with a new home console.

Around the Network

No, we don't need to hype the game, because we know it will be good and we know we will buy it nonetheless the moment it releases.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
No, we don't need to hype the game, because we know it will be good and we know we will buy it nonetheless the moment it releases.

The question is, will the fanbase keep playing once the online fee activates?

The moment when people think that a sequel is only a sequel when the graphics are better, we know there is something wrong with gamers.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Well, it's a sequel to an online MP shooter, I didn't expect massive changes, just some twitches to the gameplay mechanics and done. Graphics don't have anything to do with it. 

Around the Network
Wright said:
Peh said:

I know that has put me off buying the second game.

Wright said:
Peh said:

This. Online multiplayer is going to hurt the sales of Nintendo's online titles in the long run.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Wasn't a fan of the first one and I don't need the 1.5 version.

Out of the Switch "big guns", it has the least amount of views on youtube by a big margin, but I wouldn't say it has no hype. Just less that it's comtemporaries.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Online subscription required will kill sales of splatoon 2.