By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Absolutely no hype for splatoon 2

Nautilus said:
The moment when people think that a sequel is only a sequel when the graphics are better, we know there is something wrong with gamers.

If people can't tell the difference between sequels at all, what's the point of a sequel to begin with? New content can be added easily today. If your console has the storage for it, that is.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Out of the Switch "big guns", it has the least amount of views on youtube by a big margin, but I wouldn't say it has no hype. Just less that it's comtemporaries.

In another hand, Splatoon 2 views on Nintendo japan has the most views, having passed 1 million views.This will be, no surprise, a bigger hit in Japan.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

It will pick up closer to launch. By then Zelda and the switch will be a few months old and people will focus on Splatoon as the next big switch game. Same goes for Xenoblade unless Nintendo is dumb and releases it close to Mario

Personally, I fully expect most die-hard Nintendo fans to pay for Nintendo's online service. I think the grumbling will turn into "it's not so bad" after awhile. Some of Nintendo's biggest games are based around online multi-player and they know they have consumers in a pinch.

The main ones hurt will be kids who can't convince their parents to pay a subscription. Hopefully they can get limited time cards for a decent price.

Now, if we were talking about the Wii, it would be a different story, but I except most Switch owners to be existing Nintendo fans.

shikamaru317 said:
Volterra_90 said:

5€ a month? Where was that rumour? That's worrying

Supposedly some Nintendo employee mentioned it to a guy at one of the Switch events. Could be fake, but I agree it's worrying. The online service just isn't worth $5 a month, only 1 free game per month that you don't permanently own and it's an old NES/SNES game, voice chat over a phone app instead of the Switch itself. Honestly I wouldn't pay more than $2 a month for what Nintendo has described so far.  

Yep, exactly. The deal Nintendo described is worth no more than that. You can't possibly charge the same than the competition, with a much worse deal. Well, it's Nintendo, as much as I love them, I hate them XD.

And it's not like Nintendo has an astonishing quantity of online games. Once Splatoon and MK are done... Why would I pay for an online service? I think I'll play those games as long as the service is free (Arms probably if the game turns out to be good), then I'm done.

Around the Network
illdill1987 said:
Jranation said:

Tell me what were the main problems splatoon players found in Splatoon on the Wii U? 

I don't know. I can only speak for myself. I thought it needed voice chat. One problem I had with it.

Same here, other problems I had how you cant switch weapons without exiting the lobby, and the random lottery of those effects on your clothes. 

If these splatoon wii u players loved the gameplay....... surely they are interested in Splatoon 2. And we are only talking about 14million people who had an option to get splatoon on their consoles. 

How about the 3DS owners? This is their chance to play splatoon on portable. 

Graphics improvements are not too important here. If it works fine and no one is complaining on it..... then don't waste money and time working on them. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

KLXVER said:
NUser said:

Because it is basically Splatoon 1. They ported the Game/Engine and made new Maps / Gear.

Nintendo released Splatoon in Summer 2015 and had developed even more content after release till 2016. There is no way they could make a complete new game from scratch in just 1-1,5 years. Game development takes time.

Especially if Splatoon 2 has a single player campaign.

I think it was confirmed to have a new campaign in the treehouse stream

John19 said:
I know I'm excited for Splatoon 2. New singleplayer, new weapons, new specials, new maps, more customization, hopefully new modes. Also, Splatoon 2 was announced in a stream alongside Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda BotW, those will obviously overshadow it.

They shouldnt overshadow it though. The original was a big hit. If they came out and this game looked new and visually impressive. Like Mario did. People would be hyped but they appear to have put no effort into it. Very discouraging. I was not expecting this from Nintendo.

illdill1987 said:

I feel like nobody cares about Splatoon 2.... Because it looks EXACTLY like Splatoon 1. When I heard it wasn't a port I got sick to my stomach. Like I thought it was the same game from the trailer. How could there be that little effort into the visuals for a full blown sequel? It's basically new maps and new weapons. In other words it's a glorified update. Sure it's a little ways off but they won't be able to change the graphics that much. I don't know. Only Mario looked like a step up and even that wasn't a huge step up compared to a game like Mario Kart 8. Now I never expected a super powerful console from Nintendo even though when I was a kid they were cutting edge... But I did expect them to be able to compete with current gen. I mean this thing probably can't even handle ports of Xbox One games which is abysmal. Don't defend them this is bad. I really really hope they are coming out with a new home console.

Switch is basically a handheld Wii U, so the graphics cant get much better. And no Mario wasn't a step up, it's just an entirely new game with new environments. Thats why you're tricked into thinking it's a step up, but it doesn't look better than 3D World.

The Splatoon 2 YouTube video has over a million views after two to three days. This is comparable to what the first Splatoon did when it was first shown at E3 2014.

Correction: Splatoon 2's premiere seems to have had a better start as illustrated in my later post.