By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Absolutely no hype for splatoon 2

I mean, it goes a long way in making a game feel fresh as far as I am concerned. I am going to feel like I am playing the exact same game. And I think a lot of casual fans will see it and be like this is the same game and never give it a second look.

Around the Network
Peh said:
No, we don't need to hype the game, because we know it will be good and we know we will buy it nonetheless the moment it releases.

That doesn't make sense. Why are people hyping Mario and Zelda then? Do they not think the games will be good and that people will buy them?

OP: Yes, I was very surprised to see that they consider that a sequel. It looks like Mario Kart 8 deluxe is a larger evolution than Spaltoon 2.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Well it's not going to be a big leap visually because the leap in graphical power isn't big. And I was similar, when I first saw it I thought it was a port.

I'll still get it though, as I loved the campaign and Turf War. I hope there are new modes that I can click with, the ones they added in the original after launch weren't very good.

If Pokemon is Nintendo's Madden/FIFA, maybe Splatoon is supposed to be their CoD?

We'll know for sure if the next game is named Splatoon: Black Ink.

Because The Switch itself + Zelda + Mario are over shadowing it.

Hence why there is quite a big gap between they get released. And it still at summer (6 months). That is still a lot of time to show content. And we know how splatoon will have awesome post game content (idk if I used that word right)

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Wright said:
Peh said:
No, we don't need to hype the game, because we know it will be good and we know we will buy it nonetheless the moment it releases.

The question is, will the fanbase keep playing once the online fee activates?

Exactly. Nintendo may well kill the population if people are forced to pay for an online service.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Nautilus said:
The moment when people think that a sequel is only a sequel when the graphics are better, we know there is something wrong with gamers.

Not just people even Splatoon fans, in live reactions people could not make out if it was a new Splatoon game or not (until the new weapons came in).

illdill1987 said:

I mean, it goes a long way in making a game feel fresh as far as I am concerned. I am going to feel like I am playing the exact same game. And I think a lot of casual fans will see it and be like this is the same game and never give it a second look.

Tell me what were the main problems splatoon players found in Splatoon on the Wii U? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

FIFA sell more each year, and is the same game every year.
I really want to know why... Seems the hype increase for the same all over again

barneystinson69 said:
Wright said:

The question is, will the fanbase keep playing once the online fee activates?

Exactly. Nintendo may well kill the population if people are forced to pay for an online service.

It could happen. But, look, XOne and PS4 haven't got any problems with online suscription. I'll be very glad that Nintendo gamers say NO to paid online and made Nintendo change their minds. It won't happen though.