By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Hands-On with Nintendo Switch

DF obviously looks at this through the lens of performance, other hands-on (many already posted in this thread) have been more organic/holistic, talking about how fun the games are, how the controllers feel and work, and how the system looks, they have been almost all really positive

Around the Network
vivster said:
Watched the video. seems like a fair assessment. Zelda at 30fps is still very disappointing.

Every game at 30fps is a disappointment.

Not much new, pretty much in line with what most of us saw in the presentation and Treehouse

Games like Bomberman not being 1080p is ridiculous though. I'm going to go with it being a dev problem for now, seeing as there are far more graphically intensive games at 1080p, but it is still a worry

Would have quite liked to see more detail about the Pro Controller. For $70 it should be a great piece of kit, but it doens't seem particularly improved. No rumble triggers, joysticks look worse than on controllers for other consoles. Only the D-Pad is up to the standard you would expect.

It's a more of 3DS successor they said, but with bigger jump on tech.

That said is like seeing a second generation of Vita if Vita was not a disaster Sony would have pull the same graphic and capability like Switch .

For consoles it's not much but it has a small advantage over the Wii U and also efficient and equipped with better and easy programmable affect they said.

Rab said:

DF obviously looks at this through the lens of performance, other hands-on (many already posted in this thread) have been more organic/holistic, talking about how fun the games are, how the controllers feel and work, and how the system looks, they have been almost all really positive

It's DF.

Why would you expect some "organic/holistic" (or in other words, the usual subjective utter biased bullshit tripe from pro nintendo outlets)

It's not making use for the 4rth Dimension, holistic/organic perceptions not needed.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
vivster said:
Watched the video. seems like a fair assessment. Zelda at 30fps is still very disappointing.

Every game at 30fps is a disappointment.

It's not every game. they didn't mean it literally.

You can see there are some games in the video running at 60fps.

Seems a fair assessment again hitting home with some criticisms of over pricing and performance. Almost seems like the dock should have been an accessory and the money spent on far larger battery capacity so it could last 5hrs plus or they used a less power hungry fabrication process like 16nm or 14nm.

Perhaps they should have just admitted they have withdrawn from home console gaming rather than pretend the Switch is a viable home console.

I rarely use a portable so really just need a cheap set top box that runs Switch games with a similar format to Playstation TV.

Alkibiádēs said:
Mario Kart 8 is 1080p and 60fps, even during four-player splitscreen. That's an impressive difference between docked and undocked. But I guess people only look for the negative.

Its 1080p30 in four player

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

After watching the video to the end.
I'm more interested in Switch than before when they talk about it as a portable console that also does home console mode as an extra.
The screen is a lot better than the wii u gamepad and I trust DF for their genuine analysis Vs absolutely no other video game journalistic 2-bit operation staffed by low IQ fools (just a bit of venting).

UnderstatedCornHole said:
Rab said:

It's DF.

Why would you expect some "organic/holistic" (or in other words, the usual subjective utter biased bullshit tripe from pro nintendo outlets)

It's not making use for the 4rth Dimension, holistic/organic perceptions not needed.

Like I said it's DF

They have a narrow view