By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Time to review the Switch launch lineup!

KLXVER said:
Areym said:

Sorry, I should have specified. The release date, i meant. It was a still a mystery up to this point, with some concerns about another delay until the summer. 

Yeah, thank god its a launch title. Could you imagine the launch without BOTW?lol

I would be confident calling it the worst launch line up if Zelda was missing. Glad it made the cut.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

I pray to God and Nintendo that they RELEASE A FRICKIN' $300 BUNDLE this Holiday season so that I may play Zelda and have other games to chose from without feeling ripped off!

KLXVER said:
spemanig said:

Spacing out your games evenly so there aren't software games isn't bad management.

Ok, so what is coming in the summer and fall?

Splatoon 2 is Summer and Mario is Holiday.

Not a great launch line up, but so far a brilliant line up for 2017 and the best has yet to come

It's shit. The Switch will suffer in 2017.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
KLXVER said:

Yes, I am obviously getting the Switch over the PS4 thanks to a bunch of titles that are spaced out throw out the year with no third party games in between. What happens if one of those titles you mentioned doesn't interest consumers? Good luck.

This is no ordinary console for Nintendo to launch, they needed to bounce back and they took their sweet sweet time. Going into the event, I truly believed the only way for Nintendo to fuck it up was locking online features behind a paywall. Now I believe the paywall is the least of the Switch's problems. 

Where are the games? Where the new IPs? As it is, the Switch is a tough sell, even if it was priced lower. 

People keep insisting that a launch up that includes the potential best game of the gen is horrible. People is strange.

Everything outside Zelda is really lame though.

But I liked I'm Setsuna it wasnt shit at all.

Its an abysmal line up, but people will still buy it anyway. Nintendo are the masters of turning games that are at best average and at worst shovelware into hits. I can see all of those games sellling way over what they deserve. 

spemanig said:
KLXVER said:

Skyrim is fall. The current lineup we have also has a lot of vague "2017" release dates. They're either for December (Xenoblade 2) or any date between holidays and Fall (FE Musou).

Edit: just checked, FE isn't at 2017. Then I expect E3 to give a few more games.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

LurkerJ said:
spemanig said:

Yes, I am obviously getting the Switch over the PS4 thanks to a bunch of titles that are spaced out throw out the year with no third party games in between. What happens if one of those titles you mentioned doesn't interest consumers? Good luck.

This is no ordinary console for Nintendo to launch, they needed to bounce back and they took their sweet sweet time. Going into the event, I truly believed the only way for Nintendo to fuck it up was locking online features behind a paywall. Now I believe the paywall is the least of the Switch's problems. 

Where are the games? Where the new IPs? As it is, the Switch is a tough sell, even if it was priced lower. 

The post was responding to me posing the question "quality over quantity?" I wasn't defending Nintendo's lack of support.