By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is nickel and diming us with the Switch!

The price piss me.
But im more hyped now when the buzz calm down a little and seeing the things again, than I was while seen the nintendo presentation.
But im still waiting for holidays, for a good deal.

Around the Network
jonathanalis said:
The price piss me.
But im more hyped now when the buzz calm down a little and seeing the things again, than I was while seen the nintendo presentation.
But im still waiting for holidays, for a good deal.

I'm waiting as well, might be a year or two before I pick this one up

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Such is the power of the console that by the time I consider buying it there will probably be an emulator running the games at full speed.

I understand a strategy where the accessories and games are expensive but I would of thought they would then make the entry price much lower with the console much cheaper than it is.

Again I'm scratching my head who is buying this after the hardcore Nintendo fans.

Expecting some big price drops sooner rather than later. Perhaps a Switch Ambassador program will be with us in a few months.

My spider senses and brain are telling me to wait.

Of course they are. They've been doing it since last generation with Wii U. Amiibo was really not much more than a cynical way to wring extra money out of fans who were already in the ecosystem.

Switch is just doing it in more ways, but the sentiment has been there for a while.

It says everything about their ambitions with this device at present that they're doing this. When they remove the dock and cut the price we'll see how mainstream they're aiming to make the device. Right now it's a niche machine targeting the Nintendo hardcore and what's left of the high-end handheld gamers (i.e. me).

Aside from stuff like 1-2 Switch, which I still don't fully understand. Casuals aren't buying consoles, Nintendo.

Louie said:
I think they are positioning it as a lifestyle product. This console is a lot closer to the Wii than it is to the Wii U. It will also have a ton of Nintendo games. Maybe they are just really confident and don't want to repeat the Wii situation where they could've easily charged double the price and made a lot more money.

double the price? lol no.

The Wii sold well because it was cheap, with a higher price tag the sales would have been much lower.

I use to work in a video game store at the time, and parents were coming to buy a Wii for their kids, and when you add to tell them that they needed not just 250$ to buy it, but 250 + 50 for mario kart, + 60 for an extra nunchuck+wiimote etc

Most people were like "wtf", so when the switch will be released at even an higher price, people are just going to say no thank you.

The Switch will sell barely more units than the WiiU

Around the Network
bonzobanana said:
Such is the power of the console that by the time I consider buying it there will probably be an emulator running the games at full speed.

I understand a strategy where the accessories and games are expensive but I would of thought they would then make the entry price much lower with the console much cheaper than it is.

Again I'm scratching my head who is buying this after the hardcore Nintendo fans.

Expecting some big price drops sooner rather than later. Perhaps a Switch Ambassador program will be with us in a few months.

My spider senses and brain are telling me to wait.

Cemu running Wii U games.

Haha love how everyone is quoting me. Really hope the Switch fails, otherwise the internet might just implode :D

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=0Ca33MM386U

It sucks to be a Canadian Nintendo fan right now.

1doesnotsimply

Slimebeast said:
Nintendo has always demanded a premium price. It's nothing wrong.

I'm sorry, what? The current Pro controller is $10 less than a DS4, The upcoming one is $10 more. A single Joycon is only $10 less than a Wii remote and a Nun-chuck. The Gamepad charging dock is $30. The Switch dock adds an HDMI port, and is $90.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.