By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many games do you buy at launch of any console?

I already pre ordered my Switch and there a lot of games coming I don't want to miss out on over the months of 2017. I lot of games that peak my interest were shown. At E3 as well as Nintendo Directs that number is only going to expand. I see most people buying this holiday when its gained a good back catalogue of games and Mario Odyssey comes out (maybe even Pokémon).

Around the Network

PS4: BF4, Killzone, AC4, NFS and Resogun

Switch launch lineup is awful tbh, only Zeruda which is also on Wii U. Arms and 1 2 Switch should've been pack-in games to show off the new Joycons, and MK8 Deluxe needed to be at launch.

The key here is variety and 3rd party support, if you don't have it, only having a small number isnt going to push many people to your product.

I think I got Resogun and Killzone from Sony, but got COD, BF4, NB2K and NFS.... so in the end, got quite a few. The nintendo launch looks very poor.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I don't ever buy consoles at launch, the library is poor, price is high, software and hardware problems are many. I usually don't buy games day one either, but it happens.
Buying consoles on launch day is insane in my world; it has extremely little value for what you get, the only value I can see is sheer news value. News can only entertain me for so long.

Well, each person buy, lets say, 3.
But every person buy different games.
Some of them would buy 2 games more a racing, other 2 games plus a shooter, other, 2 games plus a different game.
the variety on a launch is not for a single user, is for a the crowd. the more, the better.

Around the Network

at around launch when i got my PS4 i had battlefield 4, CoD Ghost, Killzone Shadow Fall, Fifa, and Dont Starve.

also, its about variety and having lots of experiences to chose from. if you just have a small handfull of games, chances are you will be less interested in what they have to offer. if somebody isnt interested in zelda, then the switch has basically nothing to offer.

I buy 1 game at launch on Nintendo systems and generally that is zelda.

My problem is that we have no idea what is coming in the next 12months apart from a few RETAIL games.

I would honestly be far more happier if the switch launched with 1 game aka zelda on day 1 and Nintendo showed us like 30 games in development for 2017 earl 2018 release.

You have a better chance of finding games you like if there are 20 available than if there are five available. I don't understand what makes that so hard to understand.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I generally wait a year, but when I get a system I need 3-4 games know I will play to justify it.

The issue is just variety. The more games available at launch, the more options people have when they buy the console.

Anyways, I usually just buy 1 game, as buying a console is expensive already. I may buy Bomberman along with Zelda, but weee shaaall seeeee.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread