By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many games do you buy at launch of any console?

Why on earth are people expecting 20+ games at launch of the Switch? What is wrong with a handful games that show the many play styles and how much fun you can have with this system?

How many launch games would you be able to buy, anyway?  Look at the Wii U's launch, there were plenty of 3rd party games sitting on the shelves and waiting to be bought, but guess what? Players bought NSMBU and Nintendoland instead because that's typically the games you buy to get accomodated with a new Nintendo console.

Y'all cry out loud about the Switch's price and that it's oh so expensive but at the same time want a dozen games to be laying around that you wouldn't buy in the first place. Make up your mind, folks.

Yeah I know, variety is good, but holy cow, could you just be a little patient? It will have something for everyone sooner or later, just stop being little brats and expect every game of every big IP of every era to be there for you at the same time. Please, stay realistic and think about what Nintendo wants to achieve with this launch.

Around the Network

This will be my first console to buy at launch, and I'll be buying 2 for sure. Zelda and Bomberman.

I hope for Redout to be launch and I hope I am Setsuna gets a physical release. Other than that I'm looking forward to the vast majority of the games this year for the Switch.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I really don't understand why people buy consoles at launch unless there's an exclusive launch title you desperately want. You're getting the console at its most expensive and with the greatest chance of future technical problems, and with the smallest lineup of games it will ever have.

So, for the topic...none. I don't buy consoles at launch. It doesn't make much sense to. Though I do agree that the complaints for the Switch lineup are overblown, at least comparing it to past launch lineups.

MTZehvor said:
I really don't understand why people buy consoles at launch unless there's an exclusive launch title you desperately want. You're getting the console at its most expensive and with the greatest chance of future technical problems, and with the smallest lineup of games it will ever have.

So, for the topic...none. I don't buy consoles at launch. It doesn't make much sense to. Though I do agree that the complaints for the Switch lineup are overblown, at least comparing it to past launch lineups.

Completely overblown! Ripped out of every proportion! Why would I cry about not having ten games to chose from when I'm only buying one or two in the first place? This makes zero sense and it grinds my gears, I tell ya.

Paatar said:
This will be my first console to buy at launch, and I'll be buying 2 for sure. Zelda and Bomberman.

I hope for Redout to be launch and I hope I am Setsuna gets a physical release. Other than that I'm looking forward to the vast majority of the games this year for the Switch.

Is it because you love Bomberman or because you want to support Konami? Haha, just kidding.

I believe there will be more than enough games this year, so the worries are way too exaggerated.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
Paatar said:

Is it because you love Bomberman or because you want to support Konami? Haha, just kidding.

I believe there will be more than enough games this year, so the worries are way too exaggerated.

Whereas I'm not a huge fan of Konami, I've always loved Bomberman. I'm so hyped that he's getting a new game as I honestly thought Konami would put the next game on mobile. Plus, the devs that originally made Bomberman are making this new one. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Ka-pi96 said:
The main thing about having a lot of games available at launch is variety. Just because there`s games one person likes doesn`t mean that there will be for another person. The more games on offer there is the more chance that somebody will find games they want.

And as for the title question, the only console I`ve ever bought at launch (PS4) I got 3 games with.

From the OP: Yeah I know, variety is good, but holy cow, could you just be a little patient? It will have something for everyone sooner or later.

All of them. Sadly The Switch has so few launch games, I have to buy some more games on Steam to fill the void.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I usually buy one or two games with the system I get. And I don't always get them on launch day. For the Wii U, I got the Wind Waker bundle, and bought Super Mario 3D World. For the PS4, I bought the Last of US Remastered bundle with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Final Fantasy X/X2 HD.

In the case of the Switch, I'm only getting Breath of the Wild. In fact, I'm considering getting Breath of the Wild for the Wii U, and wait a little for the Switch, since I so far missed my chance to get the Master Edition of the game. And the Switch isn't a day one necessity. Breath of the Wild is.

If it's not a limited run, I'll double dip and get it alongside the Switch. My son is a huge fan of Zelda, so if I can get the Master Edition, I'll give him the Wii U version so he can play the game at his mom's.