By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Third party sales on Switch

barneystinson69 said:
rjason12 said:

Don't know if you care for Wikipedia, but it's a great way to find a concrete list.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games

I'm talking about its launch...

Maybe you should have clarified that. It's a low amount (5) but more could be announced, and it does have more than some other systems launch like 64. I'm only interested in 2 of them myself.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
rjason12 said:

Don't know if you care for Wikipedia, but it's a great way to find a concrete list.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games

They are mostly japanese games which i don't care much for and they don't really have a definitive date for some. Others what are they? indy games? i don't play indy. I Buy retail only, so to me they may as well be non existent. 

I'll reclarify my point.

When I walk into a retail store and see about 10 new releases on PS4 and a wall of games that come out in 2017, wtf will I see on the Switch wall?

Yeah, but you're only one person, I like japenese games along with western games. I just like games. 

It's kind of a weird metric of what 3rd party's need to sell on Nintendo to be successful, because on this site alone under ps4 there are many 3rd party games that are no where near 1 million and considered to be profitable for these companies. So who knows it seems?

same as 3rd party sales on wii u

Expect Japanese 3rd party support, but I doubt the switch is powerful enough for most western devs.

Around the Network
rjason12 said:

I think it would be pretty cool if they let us know how many copies of their game needs to be sold in order for it to be considered profitable, or successful. As it would help us judge how much effort actually went into development, and it would be an easy way to know that specific companies weren't trying to weasel out of making games for the system (if that was their intention) as many of us know and have seen how certain companies treated the Wii U when they made games for it.

Not many copies if porting is easy enough. For example, Skyrim on Switch could end up being profitable if porting was easy enough.

I'm sort of predicting third parties scrounging up games from their catalogues if old games sell well enough. Not bad because playing Resident Evil 4 on the go would be a dream come true for me! Freedom Fighters, GTA San Andreas, True Crime, I'm there!

I always see people turning topics into Japanese VS Western. Why? And why are the "I only play AAA games" bros the ones that seem to FEEL the need to bring Japanese games down?

I hope many third party games do well on Switch, hopefully it isn't too expensive to develop for either.

Kuksenkov said:
I always see people turning topics into Japanese VS Western. Why? And why are the "I only play AAA games" bros the ones that seem to FEEL the need to bring Japanese games down?

I hope many third party games do well on Switch, hopefully it isn't too expensive to develop for either.

I feel as though people like to feel superior to others in what ever way that they can, and gaming has become more than a hobby in the past decade or so. It's more of a way of life now. Like I stated earlier, I just enjoy games, it's good to be well-balanced.

rjason12 said:
Cobretti2 said:

They are mostly japanese games which i don't care much for and they don't really have a definitive date for some. Others what are they? indy games? i don't play indy. I Buy retail only, so to me they may as well be non existent. 

I'll reclarify my point.

When I walk into a retail store and see about 10 new releases on PS4 and a wall of games that come out in 2017, wtf will I see on the Switch wall?

Yeah, but you're only one person, I like japenese games along with western games. I just like games. 

The market spoke about Wii U. This is looking far worst.

VAMatt said:
rjason12 said:

I think it would be pretty cool if they let us know how many copies of their game needs to be sold in order for it to be considered profitable, or successful. As it would help us judge how much effort actually went into development, and it would be an easy way to know that specific companies weren't trying to weasel out of making games for the system (if that was their intention) as many of us know and have seen how certain companies treated the Wii U when they made games for it.

Devs don't have any responsibility to make games for any system.  They'll make games that help them make money.  No more, no less.  And, that's exactly as it should be.  

If Nintendo wants third party support, they just need to sell a bunch of consoles to people who will buy the games.  It is that simple, really.  

How dare you deny the obvious conspiracy of 3rd parties, Illuminati, Reptilians and Nibiruans against Ninty!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!