By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: Their 350 Greatest Games - 2016 Edition

Wind Waker (#2 bitches), Tales of Symphonia and 3D World on the top 50, I'm too happy right now.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Ahhhh!!! Is this the first time Ocarina wasn't number one?

It sure is, after being the 6 year running champ it's finally been defeated. I was actually certain that Wind Waker was going to win it but that last couple of votes brought Super Mario 64 right over the top. About half the lists had Super Mario 64 on them, many of which scoring in the top 5. Wind Waker had four 1st place finishes, but the lack of consistency made it slip. A few votes can shift the entire list tremendously. Ocarina has slipped with less 1st place finishes than Wind Waker and a large fall from last year's 11 first place finishes.

A lot of changes from last year! What happened to Ocarina? And Age of Empires II not on the top 50?

Thanks for all the hard work here, Leadified, I can imagine counting everyone's votes must've been extremely tiresome.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Wow, OoT went from #1 all the way down to #15? My brother and I didn't participate this year, otherwise FFX might have moved up a few spots.

Darwinianevolution said:
A lot of changes from last year! What happened to Ocarina? And Age of Empires II not on the top 50?

Thanks for all the hard work here, Leadified, I can imagine counting everyone's votes must've been extremely tiresome.

Basically lack of first place votes for OOT, there's been a huge decline for it. I was pretty sad about AoE 2, it was so close but yet so far, maybe next year.
It was no problem, I work with databases so this wasn't too far away from home

Around the Network
Leadified said:
axumblade said:
Ahhhh!!! Is this the first time Ocarina wasn't number one?

It sure is, after being the 6 year running champ it's finally been defeated. I was actually certain that Wind Waker was going to win it but that last couple of votes brought Super Mario 64 right over the top. About half the lists had Super Mario 64 on them, many of which scoring in the top 5. Wind Waker had four 1st place finishes, but the lack of consistency made it slip. A few votes can shift the entire list tremendously. Ocarina has slipped with less 1st place finishes than Wind Waker and a large fall from last year's 11 first place finishes.

I wonder if Odyssey will rank better than 64 next year ! Also really unexpected drop for Ocarina of Time :C

That top 50 just goes to show the insane amount of Nintendo fans there is on this site...

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Great job!

Metroid prime is low imo but good to see ocarina of time didn't win again

OoT finally fell out of #1!

Also no Overwatch in top 10 PC? D:

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Luke888 said:
Leadified said:

I wonder if Odyssey will rank better than 64 next year ! Also really unexpected drop for Ocarina of Time :C

We'll see! Super Mario 64 got a lot of votes from many different types of users so it will be interesting to see what happens next year!