By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The first true test for Switch is this summer season

KLXVER said:
Soundwave said:
I think that's first test will actually come sooner, probably in April/May, that's when the initial early adopters will mostly have gotten theirs and it's going to have to sell to "normal people" ... $350-$360 with one game is expensive and puts this out of range of the kids audience for Nintendo IMO.

I was talking to my brother and it's more expensive than a PS4 there ($399.99 for Switch vs. $350 for a PS4) and the PS4 comes with a game and HDD on top of that (Uncharted 4).

That's rough.

They really seem to cater less to kids than ever before with this console. Both the new Zelda and Mario just looks more...edgy, for the lack of a better word.

A hat with eyeballs is pretty edgy alright....

Around the Network

Holiday is important. Summer is important only in that switch can't lose momentum. But I don't think it will. As for how well it will do, I just don't know.

bunchanumbers said:
I hate to say it but they already failed their first real test and that was the event yesterday. They showed 2 games that people really want (Mario Zelda) and some boxing dodging game? Yes there were other things and Splatoon 2 was interesting. But they could have shown one game and would have recaptured all hype. Metroid. They should have a reveal trailer along the lines of FF7:R. Didn't have to be much. But a simple trailer like that would have lit up the internet.

Instead we got some ice cubes and dudes staring lovingly into each others eyes instead of at a screen. Outside of Zelda and Mario, it wasn't good.

...I don't think Metroid particularly sells well... Nor even popular as many people seems to think.

Personality, for NSwitch, Summer Season must be capitalized instead of Fall. After all, Summer Season is where they can actually sell on this 'Portable, Anywhere Console' sales line.