By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can we agree Nintendo should go third party, now?

Tagged games:

So?

Shaddup, you Pony! 676 36.13%

Switch > PC/PS4/XBO 376 20.10%

I can buy them all, anyway 99 5.29%

Nintendon't need more 29 1.55%

Keep only doing handhelds 81 4.33%

Maybe one more gen... 78 4.17%

Sounds good! 277 14.80%

I have always wanted it... 90 4.81%

Don't care about Nintendo 125 6.68%

Sonic > Mario 40 2.14%

Total:1,871
naruball said:

Almost impossible (or extremely time consuming) considering that I'm talking about posts that are over 3 years old.

While that's understandable...it also means this conversation is doomed to go in circles. When your argument is built on something that different people remember differently...is there really an argument in the first place? What exactly in your post is Rol to discuss?

Personally, I have no issue calling specific people out on contradictions, provided you're not flaming while doing it. What I do have issue with though...is pinning an opinion on a non-specific group of users to make your point. Surely you don't like this when done on your console/company/service of choice, so please avoid doing it to others.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
naruball said:

Almost impossible (or extremely time consuming) considering that I'm talking about posts that are over 3 years old.

While that's understandable...it also means this conversation is doomed to go in circles. When your argument is built on something that different people remember differently...is there really an argument in the first place? What exactly in your post is Rol to discuss?

Personally, I have no issue calling specific people out on contradictions, provided you're not flaming while doing it. What I do have issue with though...is pinning an opinion on a non-specific group of users to make your point. Surely you don't like this when done on your console/company/service of choice, so please avoid doing it to others.

The group of people I was referring to was very specific. It happened, we had polls and everything. The reaction towards the possibility of Nintendo making games for smartphones was extremely negative up until Pokemon Go was announced. I'm not taking an opinion of a certain individual and pinning it on an entire group.

But sure, until I find those threads, I'll drop it, because like you rightly pointed out, there's nothing to discuss.

oniyide said:
Entropio said:

Well, Past experience tells that every hardware manufacture that has dropped HW has lost relevance and quality. Looking hardware mean losing a selling channel and only be able to release games that are going to sell well enough, so that many less risks. Also, Nintendo optimistic its hardware,  and there's no proofs that would be about to do the same with other machines. 

Also there are people that like Nintendo consoles more than PSX or XBOX,  so they want them to continue doing those. I 

Finally, I haven't played Mario Run and certain I won't pay for it. Pokémon Go is pretty repetitive, I know dozens of better mobile games, although at least is original...

sales tell a different story

Here we are talking about those Nintendo fans that doesn't want Nintendo to go 3rd party, and some users here pretend that they just do that for some kind of pride. I'm not sayng that those people are the majority, but even if they are just 5 guys they may really prefer Nintendo Consoles (I do prefer Nintendo consoles, for example).

I'm not talking about what should Nintendo do from a business viewpoint, I'm talking about what I would like Nintendo to do to fulfill better my personal desires ... I'm not expecting Nintendo to do it just because I would prefer it (on the contrary of other people here that seem to go mad everytime Nintendo doesn't fulfill their unrealistic expectations). If Nintendo doesn't make a console that I'm not interested in I just won't buy it (I'm not buying the Switch yet, I didn't buy a Wii, nor a Gamecube, I won't pay for online service in any console...).

Oh my goodness.... again ? How many times have we seen this debate...I mean... since the N64?

In a certain way...we can say that Nintendo is already third party... they are making mobile games.

YES-OMG-YES.

Nintendo needs to get out the of the hardware biz...ive been saying that even during the hot Wii days.
They need to do some brand repair and make some AAA games again...Instead they seem to be some indie handheld developer trying to compete with smartphones.

Seriously the best game on their last system was Xenoblade chronicles and no one is ever going to know about it because they only sold like 12-13 million consoles worldwide and stopped. This is not good for gaming!

Around the Network

Jeez, look at BraLoD soaking up all the points. 294 replies in two hours?

Daaaaaaaamn.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

naruball said:
Super_Boom said:

The group of people I was referring to was very specific. It happened, we had polls and everything. The reaction towards the possibility of Nintendo making games for smartphones was extremely negative up until Pokemon Go was announced. I'm not taking an opinion of a certain individual and pinning it on an entire group.

But sure, until I find those threads, I'll drop it, because like you rightly pointed out, there's nothing to discuss.

I was def one of the people in column A

oniyide said:
naruball said:

Nice of you to admit that.

I don't get why people tend to act like they were never wrong or just refuse to admit their mistakes (if they turn out to be mistakes). We all make them and pride doesn't make someone more respectable. You don't even earn "internet points". I happily admit when I've been wrong, like for stupid predictions (expected Splatoon to sell far less than 1m and Modnation Racers about 3m). Why lie when owning up to it doesn't have any actual negative consequences?

CaptainExplosion said:
Entropio said:

Well, Past experience tells that every hardware manufacture that has dropped HW has lost relevance and quality. Looking hardware mean losing a selling channel and only be able to release games that are going to sell well enough, so that many less risks. Also, Nintendo optimistic its hardware,  and there's no proofs that would be about to do the same with other machines. 

Also there are people that like Nintendo consoles more than PSX or XBOX,  so they want them to continue doing those. I 

Finally, I haven't played Mario Run and certain I won't pay for it. Pokémon Go is pretty repetitive, I know dozens of better mobile games, although at least is original...

Which is what happened to Sega and Atari.

Sorry if I don't understand... Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

naruball said:
oniyide said:

Nice of you to admit that.

I don't get why people tend to act like they were never wrong or just refuse to admit their mistakes (if they turn out to be mistakes). We all make them and pride doesn't make someone more respectable. You don't even earn "internet points". I happily admit when I've been wrong, like for stupid predictions (expected Splatoon to sell far less than 1m and Modnation Racers about 3m). Why lie when owning up to it doesn't have any actual negative consequences?

cowardice i suppose