By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will you pay to play online ?

Will you pay to play Switch game online ?

Yes 35 22.88%

No 118 77.12%

Total:153

I barely play online games and hardly download the free games on plus but i just let my subscription roll over, its dirt cheap and tbh i never notice it being taken from my account. The convenience of being able to play online without having to search around for my CC is worth it lol i think the main feature i uae is the Cloud because im always switching between my two ps4s and like having my saves backed up.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
No, and sadly, my online gaming comes to an end.

But you still have a PC

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

I don't even play online, so no

think-man said:
I barely play online games and hardly download the free games on plus but i just let my subscription roll over, its dirt cheap and tbh i never notice it being taken from my account. The convenience of being able to play online without having to search around for my CC is worth it lol i think the main feature i uae is the Cloud because im always switching between my two ps4s and like having my saves backed up.

See, that's where you and I disagree. I don't consider 60 dollars dirt cheap. Sure, you can break that up per month, but it's still one less game a year. With Nintendo, that's like 1/4th of their entire lineup every year. 

No thanks.

I am doing it even if I don't want to though I won't buy another subscription for the other consoles even if I own them. I have an xb1 but refuse to pay for live. Ps plus is enough for me since my friends are on ps4.

Around the Network

If it's a dollar a month

Only if the online is more robust than Wii U. They will also need to snag a few mature shooters to fully lure me in. Kart/Smash/Splatoon (maybe arms) aren't quite enough. Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon/Fire Emblem online battles might do the rick, though.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Nintendo's online service and online games needs to be on par with PS4/XB1 before I would consider.

If the price is right and enough games online I want to play.

I would do it just for Splatoon to be honest.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---