By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I...Don't think the Switch has voice chat.

Normchacho said:

P.S. Their "free game" thing also sucks.

"Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month."

Wow. If that is as it sounds that's remarkably stingy, even for Nintendo. They've always overvalued their own software, but jeez.

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:

ShopTo in the UK got a mic/earphone set on sale so it must have voice chat :) - http://www.shopto.net/video-games/switch/SWAC01-switch-in-ear-stereo-gaming-headset, Not an official product but states as universal across platforms.

Key features: 

-13mm Speaker drivers - superior sound clarity to enhance your gaming experience 

-Inline volume control unit - ergonomically designed control for in-game volume 

-Soft ear-hook and 3 sets of ear grommets(small, medium and large) - for maximum comfort during gameplay 

-Adjustable flexible microphone - fully adjustable microphone for live in-game chat 

-1.2 metre flat cable - with 3.5mm jack (2.5mm adaptor cable provided for Xbox 360) 

-UNIVERSAL - compatible with PS4, PSP, Xbox One (requires adaptor), Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch & PC and Mac

That 3.5mm can connect to all smartphones too you know. That's pretty much what's this is for in the case of the Switch it seems.

badgenome said:
Normchacho said:

P.S. Their "free game" thing also sucks.

"Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month."

Wow. If that is as it sounds that's remarkably stingy, even for Nintendo. They've always overvalued their own software, but jeez.

Right? I started to read it last night and went "Oh, I guess that's kind of neat. They give away a free NE...What?!?!?"

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

KLAMarine said:
This don't look good at all.

I can't believe it costs €300 and it's missing such basic features. 

Maybe it's just a terrible communications error? I have a lot of trouble believing they wouldn't at least have the option of using a native chat solution.

Around the Network

you have to be kidding me nintendo.... its 2017...

pokoko said:
Maybe it's just a terrible communications error? I have a lot of trouble believing they wouldn't at least have the option of using a native chat solution.

I mean...I really want it to just be a communication error, but they state pretty explicitley that it's an app.

You also need to remember that this is Nintendo. The company that released a console in 2012 barely any online functionality, and on their 2017 system hasn't said anything about an achievment system yet.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

God forbid you use your phone to talk to talk to your friends!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:

While I'm playing a game online? Using a service they're charging me for?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Normchacho said:
fleischr said:

While I'm playing a game online? Using a service they're charging me for?

Exactly. Some Nintendo fans excuse too much. And they wonder why their consoles haven't been selling so well. And I can't believe they are giving out NES and SNES games, instead of Switch games. I can see one NES or SNES game, and really N64 and GameCube should be in there too, along with one Switch game. But just sticking with NES and SNES? Really? And if it's true that it's just payable for a month, then they can just fuck off.