By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Nintendo change my stance on the Nintendo Switch tonight?

No, it won't

probably

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Thank god. For a moment I thought you really believed that the N64 and GC were good consoles.

but they are

Click HERE and be happy 

bunchanumbers said:
Nope. Don't buy it. Wait 3 years, rent the thing and play all the games you wanted, then return the whole thing. I imagine you could do this with Gamefly and maybe a couple weeks worth of rental.

I hope this is even going to be possible in the first place. If Nintendo mismanages their software shipments hard, this is going to be impossible.

Hey Nintendo, I'm still looking for a physical copy of Kid Icarus: Uprising! Please ;-;

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

RolStoppable said:
onionberry said:

shit consoles with shit kiddie games and full of gimmicks that are useless. Nintendo should leave the console market and make games for dreamcast and sega.

Okay, something serious now. My evaluation model for "How likely is this user going to get banned?" currently has you sitting at a probability rating of 88%, meaning that you'll do yourself in either during the Switch presentation or within two hours after it has ended. You are very easily triggered at the moment.

I wish you the best of luck that you manage to restrain yourself.

Relax. She's tough! Iwata won't let us down tonight.

Nintendo never blows anyone away with specs, and history tells us they're not gonna blow anyone away with their third-party lineup. We don't know dates and specifics of their first party stuff, but we already basically know what to expect over the next 24 months or so. Given this, I see little reason to expect anyone will be blown away tonight.

I'm just hoping to come away reassured. In other words, I hope to hear confirmation of the general expectations that most of us have.

My primary interest is price. I think it is safe to say that it's a huge factor in any console's success, but more so with Nintendo, as they're a second console for many gamers. So, I'm hoping to see a SKU at $199, and I'll be truly concerned if the lowest price SKU comes in above $249. I don't think I'll be able to get excited about the Switch above that price point, as it will almost certainly be a slow seller.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
onionberry said:

shit consoles with shit kiddie games and full of gimmicks that are useless. Nintendo should leave the console market and make games for dreamcast and sega.

Okay, something serious now. My evaluation model for "How likely is this user going to get banned?" currently has you sitting at a probability rating of 88%, meaning that you'll do yourself in either during the Switch presentation or within two hours after it has ended. You are very easily triggered at the moment.

I wish you the best of luck that you manage to restrain yourself.

am i triggerd or is your jokes detector failing.... hmmm I expected better from you Rol...

but knowing how depth you are, you know that I'm joking but you're acting like you don't know and now saying that I'm triggered. But deep insided I know that you know that I'm joking.

VAMatt said:
Nintendo never blows anyone away with specs, and history tells us they're not gonna blow anyone away with their third-party lineup. We don't know dates and specifics of their first party stuff, but we already basically know what to expect over the next 24 months or so. Given this, I see little reason to expect anyone will be blown away tonight.

I'm just hoping to come away reassured. In other words, I hope to hear confirmation of the general expectations that most of us have.

My primary interest is price. I think it is safe to say that it's a huge factor in any console's success, but more so with Nintendo, as they're a second console for many gamers. So, I'm hoping to see a SKU at $199, and I'll be truly concerned if the lowest price SKU comes in above $249. I don't think I'll be able to get excited about the Switch above that price point, as it will almost certainly be a slow seller.

I couldn't agree more. Hopefully they have learned from the terrible launch pricing of the Wii U and 3DS. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Ljink96 said:
Nintendo's never been made a fool twice. When they fail, they come back twice as hard.

Oh yea, like when they released the Nintendo 64 and got massacred by the Playstation, then released the Gamecube and massacred the Playstation 2, right? 

ya..........well............They've never been made a fool thrice!!!!!!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

well you said your main concerns are price, battery life and strong lineup of exclusives.

Would $250, 3-4 hour battery life and 3DS level exclusive software output be considered good for you?

If you consider that good than yes i think the presentation will make you consider getting a Switch. If thats not considered good to you than their is a good chance of you being disappointed.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Well, the Switch is a failure already, at that price.