By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2016 NPD Thread! The Last Guardian and Dead Rising 4 sales up!

let's see

Around the Network

Oh wow, after researching any other December deals I wasn't aware of, Gamestop apparently offered the blue Gears 4 bundle with a free controller and $30 gift card all for just $249. That was a damn good deal.

RJ_Sizzle said:
Wow, MS fans can spin even worse than the parent company. PS4 is still ahead, the gap didn't close, and when all is said and done, when MS releases their quarterly numbers, the gaming division is likely going to report garbage-tier numbers due to massive losses on hardware this fall. They just released a new revision of the current hardware with 4k components which they had to discount, plus priced down the OG model to $199, which is still readily available everywhere.

If the Xbox division has seen any victories this year, they're of the pyrrhic variety. It's only going to get tougher when more Scorpio information leaks working against their sales altogether. One S will likely continue to get by on its second lease on life as an affordable UHD machine.

Ya those og models are everywhere. And 199 everywhere. Get out of here dude. Also I believe the extra 4K components cost an extra 10$. And you make it sound like the s is doing horrible. But in reality where we live Xbox has outsold PS4 based on npd since the slim released. So it can't be doing that bad

i was at GameStop yesterday and they are selling used OG ones for 199

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
Wow, MS fans can spin even worse than the parent company. PS4 is still ahead, the gap didn't close, and when all is said and done, when MS releases their quarterly numbers, the gaming division is likely going to report garbage-tier numbers due to massive losses on hardware this fall. They just released a new revision of the current hardware with 4k components which they had to discount, plus priced down the OG model to $199, which is still readily available everywhere.

If the Xbox division has seen any victories this year, they're of the pyrrhic variety. It's only going to get tougher when more Scorpio information leaks working against their sales altogether. One S will likely continue to get by on its second lease on life as an affordable UHD machine.

Ya those og models are everywhere. And 199 everywhere. Get out of here dude. Also I believe the extra 4K components cost an extra 10$. And you make it sound like the s is doing horrible. But in reality where we live Xbox has outsold PS4 based on npd since the slim released. So it can't be doing that bad

Just one correction....it has outsold the PS4 based on NPD since slim release except for Nov and Dec...

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
hudsoniscool said:

Just one correction....it has outsold the PS4 based on NPD since slim release except for Nov and Dec...

that's not a correction. I was saying that since the release of the slim there have been more total Xbox one sales than PS4 sales in the USA. Is that not true?

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

that's not a correction. I was saying that since the release of the slim there have been more total Xbox one sales than PS4 sales in the USA. Is that not true?

Yes, Now I'm even more in doubt of how much you want to claim a victory at all cost

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

hudsoniscool said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

Yeeeah I'm not getting out of anything. The OG 500 GB Xbox One got priced down to $199 this Dec. at most retailers, so that's an additional SKU MS sold this holiday for all the people that claimed that MS was going up against Sony's two models. That doesn't hold water. I don't buy the components were a mere $10 add-on. Dedicated UHD players cost the same as an Xbox One S or more, and they don't have Xbox One guts in them.

As for how the Xbox division is doing overall? I don't know. Not getting specific numbers is telling. The gaming division had posted revenue losses last quarter despite having new hardware to sell. At the very least, Sony hadn't been selling the Pro at a loss. 

hudsoniscool said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Oh I apologize the way it came off it seemed as if it said that it had outsold it every month since the slim released. You meant since the slim released it has sold more consoles overall. I got you now, well yes in that case that is true. Unless the information we have so far changes and the Nov gap was bigger than 100k and the Dec gap is bigger than what we may think.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
hudsoniscool said:

Oh I apologize the way it came off it seemed as if it said that it had outsold it every month since the slim released. You meant since the slim released it has sold more consoles overall. I got you now, well yes in that case that is true. Unless the information we have so far changes and the Nov gap was bigger than 100k and the Dec gap is bigger than what we may think.

No problem man

DonFerrari said:
hudsoniscool said:

Yes, Now I'm even more in doubt of how much you want to claim a victory at all cost

I'm not claiming victory. They lost. I was simply replying to someone who made it out like the slim was doing bad. Saying it did better in the back half of the year is not an attempt to claim victory. It's an attempt to say Xbox is doing good lately in the United States.

Don stop putting words into my mouth.