By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Do you like Nickelback?

Do you like Nickelback?

Yes 37 38.95%

No 52 54.74%

Of Course! 6 6.32%

Total:95

If music were represented by different beverages, Nickelback would be distilled water. It's like pop-rock had a baby with elevator music.

I can listen to their songs and not remember a thing about them 10 minutes later. Not even the song titles. All Nickelback songs merge into one collective entity in my memory tagged simply as "Nickelback".

Friend: "Hey, what song was that on the radio?"
Me: "Nickelback."
Friend: "What was the name of the song, though?"
Me: "Nickelback."
Friend: "That's the name of the band."
Me: "What's your point?"

It's rather amazing. They're like the musical version of Meg from Family Guy.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
JWeinCom said:

You are hereby never able to criticize any game, until you develop a better one.

Sure, just remember you didn`t specify video game

Video games are games.  Plus, the Parker Brothers are also safe from your scorn.

I do like some of their earlier stuff, I never got the full on hate for nickelback. The best answer i ever got was that they were "Aggressively generic/average"

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

A few of their songs are guilty pleasures of mine, sure.

Songs like Too Bad, Savin' Me, etc.

I like some songs of Nickleback not enough to buy an album though.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Some of their songs are ok, mostly older stuff. Their later stuff is commercialized crap, basically the same couple sings regurgitated over and over. Same with Goo Goo Dolls and 3 Doors Down. A shame what a taste of money and fame can do for some artists.

I'm not a fan, but I don't have anything against them. I DO remember hearing Leader Of Men, like 20 years ago and liking it. Then, nothing they did since then had done it for me.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

There okay but more or less they are a slightly better known Canadian version of Creed.

Chris Hu said:
There okay but more or less they are a slightly better known Canadian version of Creed.

I like Creed way more than Nickelback, to be honest. I really like Creed's first 3 albums. Nickelback, I do like them but not nearly as much.

The song how you remind me was likely the most popular rock song of the 2000s I imagine.

Hero was good for Spiderman

After that it was downhill