By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony just announced Lair 2: Bound to the Scales. Developed by Platinum and almost ready for release

Mar1217 said:
Fusioncode said:

We should probably figure out why something like Knack 2 excites you. 

Might ask you to know why you're interested into somebody else's excitement.

How do we figure that out!

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
Versus_Evil said:
I knew was a joke thread coz who in they're right fucking mind would make a sequel to that game :|

The company who makes Knack 2?

LOL.... thats actually pretty funny.

Back to OP

Nier is make or break, go big or go home type of scenario. After a string of underwhelming titles after Bayonetta 2, Platinum could be in danger if Nier fails. I really hope they don't go belly up, as supposedly they have made great games

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Wright said:

I'd just say that changing something's title don't allow you to use assets that belong to an IP of someone else.

Well, they obviously would have to play around with some assets to make it look different and don't follow the exact storyline, but at least the whole work wouldn't be lost.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
Wright said:

I'd just say that changing something's title don't allow you to use assets that belong to an IP of someone else.

Well, they obviously would have to play around with some assets to make it look different and don't follow the exact storyline, but at least the whole work wouldn't be lost.

I think the amount of effort you'd have to put in revoking it, you might as well go do something else. You would just be wasting time trying to change the original vision, just to find some dumb workaround which doesn't necessarily have to work, with a different name. At that point, you can't even say it's Scalebound originally.

All I can see from this idea is throwing money around for no reason.