By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch 10 Day Countdown: Day 7 Nintendo DS Favorite Games!/Memories/etc?

The DS was such a fantastic console with so many games on it. My top 5 were:
1. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
3. Chrono Trigger
4. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
5. Pokemon Black and White 2

Other games that I enjoyed were: Super Mario 64 DS, Dragon Quest IV-VI, Mario Kart DS, Pokemon B/W, Pokemon HG/SS, Pokemon D/P/Pt, Nintendogs, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky/Darkness, 999, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, New Super Mario Bros., Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, 999, and I could go on.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network

another great console... and my first handheld..... I never thought it could be fun to play on the go and then Nintendo proved me wrong....best selling Nintendo console and rightly so...

great games all around.

Switch!!!

DS was the first console I really owned to myself so I had some great times with it. My favorite game on the system... Dragon Quest IX. I also played Chrono Trigger for the first time on the DS, so that was another highlight of the DS for me.

My favourite gaming system so far

The World Ends With You is my favourite DS game, but it has a lot of other great games

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Ton of great games. TWEWY, Dragon Quest Monsters, Meteos etc.

Around the Network

My Favorite DS Games:

The World Ends With You
Wario Ware D.I.Y.
Spirit Tracks
X-Scape
Mario Kart DS
NSMB
Pokemon Diamond

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Darwinianevolution said:
So many good games... Pokemon Black and White are still a milestone for every Pokemon game after to beat. We also got New Super Mario Bros, which revitalized the 2D Mario after years of absence, Might and Magic Clash of Heroes, Chrono Trigger (DS mode is best mode), Pokemon Platinum, the Etrian Odyssey games, Sonic Rush and Colours, The World Ends with You, Tetris DS (the best and most complete Tetris game ever), the freaking Megaman Zero Collection, plus ZX and ZX Advent, Jump Ultimate Stars, GTA Chinatown... Not to mention GBA BC, which is awesome!

There are so many great DS games left unplayed or just undiscovered, it's insane. It deserves its spot as best selling handheld ever.

YES! and online was intense!!

Kirby canvas curse, possibly my favorite kirby above all was the treasure of the DS software. And thanks to a "certain" chip with a letter and a number, i got to discover many gems that became all time favorites like advance wars Dual strike and days of sorrow....so good!

and who didn't like New super mario bros.

Also remember being super excited for Yoshi island DS,....it was okay, but not stellar like the 1st. 

Metroid prime hunters online!!! YEAAASSS

Pokemon diamond and pearl i think are still my favorite poke games. the introduction of online battle was hours of fun.

also really liked Harvest moon DS, which was just a classic top down version of "a wonderful life".

the best series i got into was the Ace attorney series. thank you DS

Mario kart ds, Pokemon Platinum(or diamond/pearl, GTA chinatown wars

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Oh fudge, how could I forget this amazing gem:

Pokemon Black and Diamond are the ones I've played the most, but I also LOVED Luminous Arc and I'm planning on getting the sequel.

Glory Of Heracles was pretty nice as well, very well written and fun to play.

Magical Starsign was my first DS RPG, very pretty game with a six members at once battle system! Cheesy dialogue and ugly character design, it all added to the comedy factor.

The Legendary Starfy is a very cool 2D platformer! Very similar to Kirby and it sucks that we haven't seen more of it (same goes for glory of Heracles).

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring Of Fates is amazing, evolved from the original and paved the way for the addictive Echoes of Time.

I still need to get Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Final Fantasy Tactics A2 Grimoire Of The Rift... Lovely piece of hardware.