By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 2016 celebrity deaths abnormally high, "expected only once every 200 years"

Dr.Vita said:

Once every 200 years? Damn that's really surprising.

Think about this though... 200 years ago who were the big celebrities who the world loved?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Dr.Vita said:

Once every 200 years? Damn that's really surprising.

Think about this though... 200 years ago who were the big celebrities who the world loved?

Ask and ye shall receive!

http://www.onthisday.com/deaths/date/1816

mikrolik said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Ask and ye shall receive!

http://www.onthisday.com/deaths/date/1816

So many composers, was a dark year for music... and that Ethiopian Warlord too RIP.

My point was that it is unlikely that a single one of these was known globally, Samuel Hood would be known as a major role in history, but only that, in the study of global history much later by people, I think if you would compare a single person from 2016 like Bowie he was probably known in more countries alone than all of that list from 1816 at their times of death, simply because the world has gotten smaller in terms of how aware we are of everything going on, we can now send a message instantly on our phone from one side of the planet to the other (or to someone on the International Space Station!) in comparison to back a few centuries when it took weeks/months to get a message around the globe, if it was possible at all in some regions.

I could have missed someone huge on that list, I just had a glance through what they were famous for mostly, only a few names jumped out at me.

Pretty nuts that the average ages of death of famous people seems to be somewhere around 50-55... like this about that, those are the most famous and likely rich people living what would be considered short lives now, imagine the life expectancy of someone poor. (a quick googling... apparently the average life expectancy in UK in 1816 was 41... christ I would be in my last decade... I might be anyways, who knows!)

Globally it was 29... fuck that was such a short life, think about it, if you had kids by the age of 15 and so did your kids... you wouldn't live long enough to see your grandkids.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

http://www.biography.com/people/groups/famous-people-who-died-in-2014

38 celebrities died in 2014.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

People dies every year. And if you see this list most of them died of natural causes, nor strange accidents or murders, but things that can happen to every person like getting sick, getting old, having a heart attack.

I do get the point people are so sensible, 2016 was an weird year, with all th ISIS shit happening, economy still sluggish in most of the world and so on.

Talking about Brazil, this is year was bizarre, we could see how politicians don`t give a half fuck for us and how media can be extremely biased. For example, when Dilma was president the headlines for dollar was " High Price of the Dollar hurts economy and holds consuming", when Temer rides it was "High Price of the Dollar is good for economy and help exports".

Around the Network

Celebrities only die once every 200 years ?!

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Once every 200 years..... I'm guessing they just pulled that number out of their ass.

NobleTeam360 said:
Once every 200 years..... I'm guessing they just pulled that number out of their ass.

That's the best place to pull numbers out of!

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I'm loving the "I don't care/why do you care" crowd piling onto the list, when they "don't care" in the first place. Rather amusing.

People die every year yes, that is a fact, just like the sun shines and grass grows. But we didn't need to know that did we?. I guess we could also say that no one cares if someone dies, then we could say the same right back at you, but then you'd get triggered by it (because most don't like being told up front that they are worth nothing and no one caring if they died or not).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

eh.... it is because our definition of "who is a celebrity" is expanding.

As sad as Grimmie's death was, 10 years ago she is not a "celebrity death".

You have to weed out the "kinda celebs" and the ones that died really old and of natural causes.

So of the true celebrities (the ones that everyone knows about).

Also age matters in this, most were very old and died of natural causes or from a terminal sickness.

The ones that died young, were actually known by most people, and the circumstances were unexpected. For instance IMO Carrie Fisher fits all 3, where as he mother Debbie Reynolds only fits 2 (she was 84, but it was unexpected and she is still very well known, especially to people over 40).

Prince definitely

Ali? Not really he has had a terminal disease since I was a kid.

Bowie was unexpected but only because he hid the fact he was sick. He was also 70.

Anyways I don't get caught up in the celebrity deaths thing.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.