Forums - Website Topics - The Moderator Thread

About damn time he got thrown out.

Glad it happened after he revealed his true bigoted self.




Around the Network
Hiku said:
RolStoppable said:

Sorry, it's not clear from my post that I was talking about two different people.

You are right, the guy who asked you if you are dumb got addressed by you here, but his post didn't contain a mod note.

Here is the post of the guy who accused you of trolling. It was a direct response to another moderator (SpokenTruth) who reminded people of general guidelines for the thread, so it would be hard to miss for the mod team.

I can't speak for Pemalite, but if there's a personal attack aimed at myself, and it's an isolated thing, or not too over the top, and the person doesn't have a history of causing problems in this way or a similar manner, then I can be more lenient. Like not bringing it up in modchat, or not suggesting moderation, etc.

But in those cases I do consider if leaving it be would have a more negative effect on the rest of the forum.

And that is a healthy consideration.

Also because there is always a portion of forumusers that can/could take the comments of a few ''popular'' users as an example of how to act and if one of those better known users keeps biting at the authority with an habitally approuch then that behaviour could likely snowball with other users copying that negativity.



Can some mod take a look at the situation of my thread please? I already requested it, but the longer it takes to take a stand, the bigger the damage. Don't care if I get banned in the process, I just want the discussion there to be civil.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242447/franchise-dark-soulsknown-for-being-hardsurpassed-27-million-sales-dark-souls-3-at-10-million-units/1/



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Can some mod take a look at the situation of my thread please? I already requested it, but the longer it takes to take a stand, the bigger the damage. Don't care if I get banned in the process, I just want the discussion there to be civil.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242447/franchise-dark-soulsknown-for-being-hardsurpassed-27-million-sales-dark-souls-3-at-10-million-units/1/

Had a look into it, now's your chance to get it back on track.



Bristow9091 said:
Nautilus said:
Can some mod take a look at the situation of my thread please? I already requested it, but the longer it takes to take a stand, the bigger the damage. Don't care if I get banned in the process, I just want the discussion there to be civil.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242447/franchise-dark-soulsknown-for-being-hardsurpassed-27-million-sales-dark-souls-3-at-10-million-units/1/

Had a look into it, now's your chance to get it back on track.

Thanks Bristow. And sorry about the "work faster" part.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Yeah, after someone takes things to those extremes, and has been requesting permabans for a few weeks now (in conjunction with saying they're leaving), the deal is sealed.

As for getting wiped, nah. They never posted in the forums, on walls, etc. Only in articles and even then, was only active in recent months.

lol wow, they'd rather endlessly spam permaban request when they could just take matters into their own hands and simply not post on the site if they truely don't want to.



I agree with Padib, I am kind of wondering how those comments were bannable. I am sure that there is some history there, but if history is being used against a user with a non related comment, then a whole lot more people are eligible for a ban, no?




OTBWY said:
I agree with Padib, I am kind of wondering how those comments were bannable. I am sure that there is some history there, but if history is being used against a user with a non related comment, then a whole lot more people are eligible for a ban, no?

We've moved on from that my man. If you'd like to talk more about it, hit up that PM.



                                                                                                             

CGI-Quality said:
OTBWY said:
I agree with Padib, I am kind of wondering how those comments were bannable. I am sure that there is some history there, but if history is being used against a user with a non related comment, then a whole lot more people are eligible for a ban, no?

I've forced everyone to shut up about it. If you'd like to talk more about it, hit up that PM.

Fixed for accuracy. "We" implies mutual agreement. Interesting how you're still supposedly open to discussing it through PM, but not in this public thread. Where it's discussed doesn't change the fact that according to you, the discussion will go on endlessly without resolution.



Lonely_Dolphin said:
CGI-Quality said:

Fixed for accuracy. "We" implies mutual agreement. Interesting how you're still supposedly open to discussing it through PM, but not in this public thread. Where it's discussed doesn't change the fact that according to you, the discussion will go on endlessly without resolution.

The participants of authority and the majority of users likely do find it is best to move on yes,this is no place to endless bicker about disagreements.

Also the way you did change that comment is misrepresentation and a low blow.