Forums - Website Topics - The Moderator Thread

Replicant said:
padib said:

There seems to be more severity towards trolling Sony than trolling Nintendo or Microsoft.

What a load.

Many Nintendo threads are able to stay on topic without much negativity but PS/Xbox threads are often swarmed with Nintendo users acting up.
Why do you think so many PS/Xbox users have left VGC?

I give you a pass, because I don't see you often in Nintendo threads, so you probably miss the trolling.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Pemalite said:

He didn't get away with it. And I brought it up in the mod thread.

Sorry, it's not clear from my post that I was talking about two different people.

You are right, the guy who asked you if you are dumb got addressed by you here, but his post didn't contain a mod note.

Here is the post of the guy who accused you of trolling. It was a direct response to another moderator (SpokenTruth) who reminded people of general guidelines for the thread, so it would be hard to miss for the mod team.

I can't speak for Pemalite, but if there's a personal attack aimed at myself, and it's an isolated thing, or not too over the top, and the person doesn't have a history of causing problems in this way or a similar manner, then I can be more lenient. Like not bringing it up in modchat, or not suggesting moderation, etc.

But in those cases I do consider if leaving it be would have a more negative effect on the rest of the forum.

What's the story of Zenos permabann.
I assume it is a hell of a story because for an account that's been here since 2014.. there are no replies, posts, or threads.
So I'm guessing he got wiped.

So what did they do to get banned, and why did they get wiped?

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:
I assume it is a hell of a story because for an account that's been here since 2014.. there are no replies, posts, or threads.

requested if you read the mod note

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Bandorr said:

"Please ban my account. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. Sick of the draconian ruleset, gays/lesbos, and nazis that loderate vgchartz".

Not sure why he got wiped, I'll let CGI answer, don't really care either way, homophobes aren't welcome on VGC.

He won't be allowed back even if it is technically a requested ban.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 May 2020

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Bandorr said:

"Please ban my account. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. Sick of the draconian ruleset, gays/lesbos, and nazis that loderate vgchartz".

Not sure why he got wiped, I'll let CGI answer, don't really care either way, homophobes aren't welcome on VGC.

He won't be allowed back even if it is technically a requested ban.

Ok thanks. Yeah I wouldn't want them back either. Wiping is pretty unique though. I'll wait for CGI.

• Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

Yeah, after someone takes things to those extremes, and has been requesting permabans for a few weeks now (in conjunction with saying they're leaving), the deal is sealed.

As for getting wiped, nah. They never posted in the forums, on walls, etc. Only in articles and even then, was only active in recent months.

Ryuu96 said:

I think he missed a couple of history classes in school.
Word on the street is, Nazis weren't exactly fond of gays/lesbos.

Anyway, Zeno's previous infraction (that he complained about, and lead to his request for a perma-ban) was unrelated to this subject. So him out of the blue bringing up his disdain for gay people means we were better off without him anyway.

CGI-Quality said:

Yeah, after someone takes things to those extremes, and has been requesting permabans for a few weeks now (in conjunction with saying they're leaving), the deal is sealed.

As for getting wiped, nah. They never posted in the forums, on walls, etc. Only in articles and even then, was only active in recent months.

Oh interesting. So it wasn't a wipe they just never posted. I did not expect that. Thank you.

I've heard stories of the times when the Nazis rounded up my family and stopped them from posting about videogames for three days. Dark times indeed.