By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@rol how sure are you i had a few struggles with fishyjoe that used to be there in the time that weezy and leoj got permabanned

Kinda in the same way all users were online on 17 april 2017

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I think they should remain... Failure to remember and learn from history means that you are more likely to repeat it.

Even though old moderation's aren't really leveraged in new incidents in weighing up a decision... I think it's still good to have as we can make comparisons to a users behavior over time and have a chat with them to try and steer them in the appropriate direction that would benefit all parties.

It's also a good laugh/talking/banter point between people.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

CGI-Quality said:
DroidKnight said:

Would that not remove the incentive to improve one's self if there is no redemption?

Depends on the infraction, date it was committed, and user in question. Using myself as an example, I've only ever had a sig length moderation (Warning). That was back in '08. Unless I've continued to do such a thing 11 years on, removing it would be offering a form of forgiveness. I compare it to expunction. *Note: I will not have it removed, as there is no need. 

And since that day I've been looking at you differently, like you're damaged goods now. Of course, a few years later, I also got a warning for sig length so I changed my stance to it not being a big deal.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 07 February 2019

Signature goes here!

I don't think moderations should be taken off the record, personally. It's just an unnecessary bit of work for the mod team to keep track of something that ultimately isn't very meaningful. Those mild infractions one would consider for removal are going to be either so far in someone's past, or such a minor blip on the radar of that individuals moderation history, that it frankly shouldn't be much of concern to anyone that they're there. The mod team wouldn't look at them and hold them over someone's head for future moderation, and said individual should have no reason to obsess over some little slap on the wrist from way back when. The only moderations worth expunging are ones that are legitimately unearned. Anything else is honestly a bit of a waste of time imo.

Nah, there's no real reason or benefit to removing old moderations unless those moderations were mistakes and have been overturned.

Around the Network

Whats the stance these days on insulting people not on this website?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

CGI-Quality said:
kirby007 said:
Whats the stance these days on insulting people not on this website?

Depends on a number of factors:

Who it is
What the insult is

Why? Are you planning to insult someone? :P

Maybe he means that certain someone who is going around and calling people idiots and fat pieces of shit.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I wasnt planning something specific its just that i want to know limits,
Calling a group of like minded people a circlejerk for example or calling a celeb whose nudes got leaked a moron or a politician a fucking joke

CGI-Quality said:
kirby007 said:
Calling a group of like minded people a circlejerk for example or calling a celeb whose nudes got leaked a moron or a politician a fucking joke

On the site, it would obviously be a problem (albeit: context, but still). If ever in considerable doubt, just don't post it, or bring it up in here.

And offsite? Like for example the kkk or scientology

kirby007 said:

Why do you need limits? Why can't people just be respectful irrespective of outlet?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--